Diablo 4 Barbarian Berserking Build
Berserk is a Barbarian Berserking Build in Diablo 4! The Build is focusing on generating the Berserking Status often, in order to boost your damage and movement speed. The Barbarian is the Class of Melee attacks, raw damage and Bleeding in Diablo 4! This Berserking Build is the evolution of my Diablo 4 Barbarian Beginner Build for higher World Tier difficulties. For more Barbarian Builds, you can take a look at my Diablo 4 Barbarian Builds page.
Table of Contents
- Barbarian Berserking Build Skills
- Barbarian Berserking Build Expertise
- Barbarian Berserking Build Passive Skills
- Barbarian Berserking Build Aspects
- Barbarian Berserking Build Paragon Points
- Barbarian Berserking Build Season Content
- Barbarian Berserking Build Gameplay
Skills for Barbarian Berserking Build in Diablo 4
The following skills are the core of our Build! Our main focus is to have the Berserking status active as often as possible and for as much time as possible. Additional skills assist us with buffs, Fury generation and massive damage against enemies.
|Skill 1||Tactical Rallying Cry|
|Skill 2||Power War Cry|
|Skill 3||Tactical Challenging Shout|
|Skill 4||Warrior’s Death Blow|
|Basic||Combat Lunging Strike|
- Combat Lunging Strike(Lunging Strike,1/5): Deals damage, heals you and triggers Berserking.
- Violent Upheaval(Upheaval,5/5): Deals massive AOE damage, stuns enemies and triggers Berserking.
- Tactical Rallying Cry(Rallying Cry,1/5): Buffs you and generates resources.
- Power War Cry(War Cry,1/5): Boosts your damage and triggers Berserking.
- Tactical Challenging Shout(Challenging Shout,1/5): Taunts enemies and generates Fury.
- Warrior’s Death Blow(Death Blow,5/5): Executes enemies and triggers Berserking.
Expertise for Barbarian Berserking Build in Diablo 4
Expertise is Barbarian’s unique mechanic in Diablo 4! When you use different weapons you level them up, earning extra perks for each weapon. At level 15 you also unlock the Technique Slot for your Barbarian. For this Berserking Build our Technique of choice is the Two Handed Axe Expertise, which deals increased damage to Vulnerable enemies.
Passive Skills for Barbarian Berserking Build in Diablo 4
The Passive Skills we choose are also quite important for the Build and can help us become stronger. These are the Passive Skills for the Barbarian Berserking Build!
- Pressure Point, 3/3
- Imposing Presence, 1/3
- Martial Vigor, 3/3
- Booming Voice, 3/3
- Aggressive Resistance, 3/3
- Prolific Fury, 3/3
Weapon Mastery Skills:
- Pit Fighter, 3/3
- Slaying Strike, 2/3
- Expose Vulnerability, 2/3
- Tempered Fury, 3/3
- Invigorating Fury, 2/3
- Heavy Handed, 3/3
Key Passive: Unconstrained
You can find more about the Barbarian Skills by reading my Diablo 4 Barbarian Skills Guide!
Legendary Aspects for Barbarian Berserking Build in Diablo 4
Legendary Aspects are important and define our Barbarian Berserking Build! You can get them as a reward from completing Dungeons(Codex of Power Aspects) or as a drop while defeating enemies! Some of the best Legendary Aspects can only be found as drops while defeating enemies in Diablo 4! You can extract them from items you do not want to use and imprint them to your favorite piece of gear with the help of the Occultist vendor! These are the best Aspects for our Barbarian Berserking Build!
|Helm||Relentless Berkerker’s Aspect||Drop, Hakan’s Refuge(Kehjistan)|
|Chest||Steadfast Berserker’s Aspect||Drop|
|Gloves||Death Wish Aspect||Drop, Penitent Cairns(Scosglen)|
|Pants||Aspect of Might||Drop, Dark Ravine(Dry Steppes)|
|Boots||Weapon Master’s Aspect||Drop|
|Bludgeoning Weapon||Aspect of Berserk Ripping||Drop, Mournfield(Dry Steppes)|
|Dual Wield Weapon||Smiting Aspect||Drop|
|Dual Wield Weapon||Edgemaster’s Aspect||Drop, Oldstones(Scosglen)|
|Slashing Weapon||Accelerating Aspect||Drop|
|Amulet||Aspect of Disobedience||Drop, Halls of the Damned(Kehjistan)|
|Ring||Aspect of Echoing Fury||Drop, Sirocco Caverns(Kehjistan)|
|Ring||Aspect of Berserk Fury||Drop|
Gear Stats for Barbarian Berserking Build in Diablo 4
Legendary Aspects are defining for the Barbarian Berserking Build but the stats you get on the gear are important as well! Gear Stats can make or break your Build and will enhance your capabilities when pursuing a specific type of gameplay! Our desired Stats for the Barbarian Berserking Build are:
- Vulnerable Damage
- Damage while Berserking
- Physical Damage
- Core Skill Damage
- Critical Strike Chance
- Critical Strike Damage
- Boost to Stats
- Fury Cost Reduction
- Extra Fury
- Maximum Life
- Damage Reduction
- Cooldown Reduction
- Extra Ranks to our Skills
There are several more gear stats that can be helpful but these are the most important for the Build!
Gems for Barbarian Berserking Build in Diablo 4
Gems are quite important as well, since they can boost our capabilities when dealing with enemies! For a Barbarian Berserking Build, these are the best Gem Options:
- Weapon: Emerald(Extra Critical Strike Damage to Vulnerable Enemies)
- Armor: Topaz(Damage Reduction while Control Impaired) or Ruby(Extra Life)
- Jewelry: Skull(Extra Armor)
Unique Items for Barbarian Berserking Build in Diablo 4
Unique Items offer powerful effects that can further enhance your Build! Some Unique Items you can use with the Barbarian Berserking Build are:
- Mother’s Embrace(Ring): Can refund resources.
- Penitent Greaves(Boots): Chills enemies and deals more damage to Chilled enemies.
- The Grandfather(2-Handed Sword): Increases Critical Strike Damage
- Azurewrath(1-Handed Sword): Core skills have a chance to freeze enemies and deal cold damage to them.
- Hellhammer(2-Handed Mace): Upheaval ignites the ground, burning enemies.
- Overkill(2-Handed Mace): Death Blow creates a shockwave dealing some of its base damage to enemies. Enemies who die to this effect, reset Death Blow’s Cooldown.
Paragon Points for Barbarian Berserking Build in Diablo 4
Paragon Points can further enhance your Build and make you powerful. You can start earning Paragon Points after you reach level 50. Allocating them properly will help you become stronger and clear harder content! To learn more about Paragon Points and Boards, you can read my Paragon Board Guide.
Our goal with the Paragon Boards is to unlock several Powerful Glyphs and Nodes, suitable for our Build! This is the Paragon Board path you should follow for the Barbarian Berserking Build!
- Unlock the Brawn Rare node on the right, along with all Magic Nodes around it.
- Continue North to unlock the Glyph Socket and place the Ire Glyph. Also unlock the Raw Power and Iron Strength with all Magic Nodes around them on your way to the Gate.
- Attach the Carnage Board.
Carnage Board(Second Board)
- Head North to unlock the Carnage Legendary Node and the Glyph Socket. Place the Wrath Glyph.
- Also unlock the Brash and Fierce Rare Nodes on the left of the Glyph, along with all Magic Nodes around them.
- Head East to the Gate and attach the Warbringer Board.
Warbringer Board(Third Board)
- Head South to unlock the Raw Power Rare Node and all Magic Nodes around it. Also unlock the Glyph Socket and place the Territorial Glyph.
- Continue East from there to get the Core Reserve Rare Node and all Magic Nodes around it.
- From this Node head North to unlock the Guarded Advance Rare Node along with all Magic Nodes. Then go West to unlock the Warbringer Legendary Node.
- From the path you have already created, go to the South Gate to attach the Weapons Master Board.
Weapons Master Board(Fourth Board)
- South to unlock the Hunter Killer Rare Node, along with all Magic Nodes around it.
- From the already created path, head West to unlock the Glyph Socket and place the Exploit Glyph. Also get the Raw Power and Iron Strength Rare Nodes with all Magic Nodes around them.
- Now head South towards the gate and unlock the Brute Rare Node with all Magic Nodes along your way.
- Attach the Decimator Board.
Decimator Board(Fifth Board)
- Head South to unlock the Glyph Socket and place the Revenge Glyph. Also unlock the Demolish and Arrogance Rare Nodes, along with all Magic Nodes around them.
- From there create one path South West to unlock the Brawn Rare Node and its Magic Nodes and one path South East to unlock the Pillage Rare Node and its Magic Nodes.
In total we are using five Rare Glyphs on our Paragon Boards. The Diablo 4 Barbarian Berserking Build Glyphs are:
Season Content for Barbarian Berserking Build in Diablo 4
The Season of the Malignant adds Malignant Hearts to the game that transform your Build and offer new gameplay paths! Seasonal Builds can use these Hearts to further enhance their capabilities. In total there are 32 Hearts, divided in four categories:
- Vicious Hearts(Offensive Power)
- Brutal Hearts(Defensive Power)
- Devious Hearts(Utility Power)
- Wrathful Hearts(Super Power)
Each Heart category has its own color and can be socketed to corresponding colored sockets in gems. Vicious, Brutal and Devious Hearts can only be socketed to their corresponding sockets. You can socket Wrathful Hearts in any Socket. The Best Malignant Hearts for the Build are:
- Focused Rage(Vicious)
- Punishing Speed(Devious)
- The Barber(Wrathful)
- Ignoring Pain(Wrathful)
- The Malignant Pact(Wrathful)
Gameplay for Barbarian Berserking Build in Diablo 4
The Build is focusing on activating the Berserking status in order to boost our damage and movement speed! Our Shouts can assist us with Fury generation and other buffs. Gather groups of enemies together and cast your Rallying Cry, War Cry and Challenging Shout. The Shouts will taunt enemies but also boost your damage, grant you Berserking, increase your Fury generation and Life! Attack with Upheaval to deal massive AOE damage and finish enemies with your Death Blow! Lunging Strike can generate Fury, heal you and grant you Berserking.
More Diablo 4 Builds & Guides
- Rend Barbarian Bleeding Build
- Druid Shapeshifting Build
- Werewolf Druid Shred Build
- Necromancer Bone Spear Build
- Necromancer Minion Build
- Rogue Barrage Build
- Rogue Flurry Build
- Sorcerer Ice Build
- Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.