Diablo 4 Barrage Rogue Build
Shadow Archer is a Ranged Barrage Rogue Build in Diablo 4! The Rogue is the Class of Stealth and Imbuements, that can play as melee or ranged with success. This Build is focusing on ranged damage and is using the Barrage as its main offensive skill, to defeat enemies and clear harder difficulty content. Thanks to its traps, Shadow Archer can crowd control enemies efficiently and kite them from afar with success! This Build is the evolution of my Diablo 4 Rogue Beginner Build for higher World Tier difficulties. For more Rogue Builds, you can take a look at my Diablo 4 Rogue Builds page.
Table of Contents
- Rogue Barrage Build Skills
- Rogue Barrage Build Specialization
- Rogue Barrage Build Passive Skills
- Rogue Barrage Build Aspects
- Rogue Barrage Build Paragon Points
- Rogue Barrage Build Season Content
- Rogue Barrage Build Gameplay
Skills for Rogue Barrage Build in Diablo 4
These Skills are the core of our Rogue Barrage Ranged Build! They offer great crowd control capabilities and will allow you to destroy enemies from distance! You can slow down enemies, poison them and execute them with your Shadow imbuement explosions! Barrage is your main offensive ability. A powerful skill that deals massive burst damage when combined with everything else in the build.
|Skill 1||Disciplined Caltrops|
|Skill 2||Countering Poison Trap|
|Skill 3||Mixed Shadow Imbuement|
|Skill 4||Subverting Dark Shroud|
|Basic||Fundamental Forceful Arrow|
- Fundamental Forceful Arrow(Forceful Arrow,1/5): Makes enemies Vulnerable and Knocks them back.
- Improved Barrage(Barrage,5/5): Makes enemies Vulnerable and deals massive damage to Vulnerable enemies.
- Disciplined Caltrops(Caltrops,1/5): Slows enemies and boosts Critical Strike Chance.
- Countering Poison Trap(Poison Trap,1/5): Deals Poison damage, knocks down enemies and reduces Imbuements cooldowns.
- Mixed Shadow Imbuement(Shadow Imbuement,1/5): Deals massive Shadow damage.
- Subverting Dark Shroud(Dark Shroud,1/5): Defensive ability that boosts speed.
Specialization for Rogue Barrage Build in Diablo 4
Specialization is the special mechanic of Rogue in Diablo 4! When you reach level 15 you can unlock specialization by completing the “True Potential” Quest. As you level up you can unlock three different specializations, with each one offering different benefits to your Build. For this Build our specialization is “Combo Points“. Combo Points boost the efficiency of our Core skills, so in this case they boost the damage of Barrage!
Passive Skills for Rogue Barrage Build in Diablo 4
The Passive Skills we choose are also quite important for the Build and can help us become stronger. These are the Passive Skills for the Rogue Barrage Build!
- Sturdy, 3/3
- Siphoning Strikes, 3/3
- Stutter Step, 3/3
- Weapon Mastery, 3/3
- Concussive, 3/3
- Exploit, 3/3
- Malice, 3/3
- Precision Imbuement, 2/3
- Shadow Crash, 3/3
- Consuming Shadows, 3/3
- Trap Mastery, 1/3
- Innervation, 1/3
- Adrenaline Rush, 1/3
- Haste, 3/3
Key Passive: Precision
You can find more about the Rogue Skills by reading my Diablo 4 Rogue Skills Guide!
Legendary Aspects for Rogue Barrage Build in Diablo 4
Legendary Aspects are important and define our Rogue Barrage Build! You can get them as a reward from completing Dungeons(Codex of Power Aspects) or as a drop while defeating enemies! Some of the best Legendary Aspects can only be found as drops while defeating enemies in Diablo 4! You can extract them from items you do not want to use and imprint them to your favorite piece of gear with the help of the Occultist vendor! These are the best Aspects for our Rogue Barrage Build!
|Helm||Aspect of the Protector||Drop, Lost Archives(Fractured Peaks)|
|Chest||Escape Artist’s Aspect||Drop|
|Gloves||Aspect of Arrow Storms||Drop, Howling Warren(Scosglen)|
|Pants||Cheat’s Aspect||Drop, Luban’s Rest(Scosglen)|
|Weapon||Aspect of Branching Volleys||Drop, Shadowed Plunge(Hawezar)|
|Amulet||Aspect of Synergy||Drop|
|Ring||Trickster’s Aspect||Drop, Guulrahn Canals(Dry Steppes)|
|Ring||Aspect of the Umbral||Drop, Champion’s Demise(Dry Steppes)|
|Dual Wield Weapon||Smiting Aspect||Drop|
|Dual Wield Weapon||Aspect of Corruption||Drop, Renegade’s Retreat(Kehjistan)|
Gear Stats for Rogue Barrage Build in Diablo 4
Legendary Aspects are defining for the Rogue Barrage Build but the stats you get on the gear are important as well! Gear Stats can make or break your Build and will enhance your capabilities when pursuing a specific type of gameplay! Our desired Stats for the Rogue Barrage Build are:
- Vulnerable Damage
- Core Skill Damage
- Critical Strike Chance
- Critical Strike Damage
- Critical Strike Damage with Imbued Skills
- Marksman Skill Damage
- Boost to Stats
- Damage to Crowd Controlled Enemies
- Energy Cost Reduction
- Extra Energy
- Damage Reduction
- Crowd Control Duration
- Cooldown Reduction
- Extra Ranks to our Skills
- Movement Speed
There are several more gear stats that can be helpful but these are the most important for the Build!
Gems for Rogue Barrage Build in Diablo 4
Gems are quite important as well, since they can boost our capabilities when dealing with enemies! For a Rogue Barrage Build, these are the best Gem Options:
- Weapon: Emerald(Extra Critical Strike Damage to Vulnerable Enemies) or Sapphire(Extra Critical Strike Damage to Crowd Controlled Enemies)
- Armor: Topaz(Damage Reduction while Control Impaired) or Ruby(Extra Life)
- Jewelry: Skull(Extra Armor)
Unique Items for Rogue Barrage Build in Diablo 4
Unique Items offer powerful effects that can further enhance your Build! Some Unique Items you can use with the Rogue Barrage Build are:
- Mother’s Embrace(Ring): Can refund resources.
- Penitent Greaves(Boots): Chills enemies and deals more damage to Chilled enemies.
- Condemnation(Dagger): Core Skills deal increased damage when spending 3 combo points.
- Cowl of the Nameless(Helm): Gain increased Lucky Hit Chance against Crowd Controlled enemies.
- Grasp of Shadows(Gloves): Damaging a Vulnerable enemy with a Marksman or Cutthroat Skill has a chance to summon a Shadow Clone that mimics your attack.
- Skyhunter(Bow): The first direct damage you deal to an enemy is a guaranteed Critical Strike. If you had maximum stacks of the Precision Key Passive when you cast the Skill, gain Energy. This can only happen once per cast.
- Windforce(Bow): Hits with this weapon have a chance to deal double damage and knock back the target.
Paragon Points for Rogue Barrage Build in Diablo 4
Paragon Points can further enhance your Build and make you powerful. You can start earning Paragon Points after you reach level 50. Allocating them properly will help you become stronger and clear harder content! To learn more about Paragon Points and Boards, you can read my Paragon Board Guide.
Our goal with the Paragon Boards is to unlock several Powerful Glyphs and Nodes, suitable for our Build! This is the Paragon Board path you should follow for the Rogue Barrage Build!
- Unlock the Prime Rare Node on the right and all Magic Nodes around it.
- Continue to unlock the Glyph Socket and place the Exploit Glyph there.
- Unlock the Skillful Rare Node on the left and all Magic Nodes around it.
- Continue to the Board Attachment Gate to attach the Exploit Weakness Board. Rotate three times before attaching it.
Exploit Weakness Board(Second Board)
- Move to the right, unlock the Glyph Socket and place the Ranger Glyph.
- Unlock the Artifice Rare Node nearby and all Magic Nodes around it.
- Continue North to unlock the Exploit Rare Node and all Magic Nodes around it.
- From there head West and South to unlock the Exploit Weakness Legendary Node.
- From the path you have already created, head to the Eastern Gate and attach the Eldritch Bounty Board. Rotate twice before attaching it.
Eldritch Bounty Board(Third Board)
- Head East and unlock the Ready Supply Rare Node and all Magic Nodes around it.
- Continue East and North to Unlock the Eldritch Bounty Legendary Node.
- From the Ready Supply Node, head towards the Glyph Socket and place the Canny Glyph. Also unlock the Potent Rare Node and all Magic Nodes around it.
- Continue to the South Gate and attach the Deadly Ambush Board. Rotate twice before attaching it.
Deadly Ambush Board(Fourth Board)
- Head south to unlock the Deadly Ambush Legendary Node. Also unlock the Trapper Rare Node with all Magic Nodes around it that is found on your way.
- Continue South to unlock the Glyph Socket and place the Ambush Glyph. Also get the Cunning and Engineering Rare Nodes, left and right of the Glyph Socket, as well as all Magic Nodes around them.
- Continue to the East Gate to attach the Cheap Shot Board.
Cheap Shot Board(Fifth Board)
- Head North East to unlock the Oppress Rare Node and all Magic Nodes around it. From there go to the Cheap Shot Legendary Node and unlock it.
- Continue East and South to unlock the Devious Rare Node with all Magic Nodes around it and the Glyph Socket. Place the Control Glyph there.
- Continue South to unlock the Spearhead Rare Node and all Magic Nodes around it, then to the gate to attach the Cunning Stratagem Board.
Cunning Stratagem Board(Sixth Board)
- Head to the Glyph Socket and unlock the Finisher Node with all Magic Nodes around it.
- Place the Combat Glyph!
In total we are using Six Rare Glyphs on our Paragon Boards. The Diablo 4 Rogue Barrage Build Glyphs are:
Season Content for Rogue Barrage Build in Diablo 4
The Season of the Malignant adds Malignant Hearts to the game that transform your Build and offer new gameplay paths! Seasonal Builds can use these Hearts to further enhance their capabilities. In total there are 32 Hearts, divided in four categories:
- Vicious Hearts(Offensive Power)
- Brutal Hearts(Defensive Power)
- Devious Hearts(Utility Power)
- Wrathful Hearts(Super Power)
Each Heart category has its own color and can be socketed to corresponding colored sockets in gems. Vicious, Brutal and Devious Hearts can only be socketed to their corresponding sockets. You can socket Wrathful Hearts in any Socket. The Best Malignant Hearts for the Build are:
- Cluster Munitions(Vicious)
- The Clipshot(Devious)
- The Vile Apothecary(Wrathful)
- The Barber(Wrathful)
- The Lionheart(Brutal)
- The Malignant Pact(Wrathful)
Gameplay for Rogue Barrage Build in Diablo 4
The goal of the Build is to Crowd Control enemies with your Caltrops and Poison Trap and kill them from afar! Cast Dark Shroud to boost your defense and protect yourself. Place your Poison Trap(s), gather enemies and cast Caltrops to them. Activate your Shadow Imbue and destroy everything with your Barrage Core Skill! Forceful Arrow is great to restore Energy but also knock back enemies. Forceful Arrow also generates Combo Points which boost the damage of your Barrage even more!
More Diablo 4 Builds & Guides
- Barbarian Berserking Build
- Rend Barbarian Bleeding Build
- Druid Shapeshifting Build
- Werewolf Druid Shred Build
- Necromancer Bone Spear Build
- Necromancer Minion Build
- Rogue Flurry Build
- Sorcerer Ice Build
- Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.