Diablo 4 Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build
Stormborn is a Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4, that is using the power of Lightning Damage and Crackling Energy to defeat enemies! The Sorcerer is the Class of Elemental Damage in Diablo 4 with access to Fire, Lightning(Shock) and Cold(Frost) damage. Stormborn relies on its Lightning damage and the accumulation of Crackling Energy to defeat opponents and clear content! The goal of the Build is to create a storm of Lightning and Shock that overwhelms and destroys enemies. A Diablo 4 Shock Sorcerer Build basically. If you are new to Sorcerer in Diablo 4, you can take a look at my Diablo 4 Sorcerer Beginner Build. For more Sorcerer Builds, you can take a look at my Diablo 4 Sorcerer Builds page.
Table of Contents
- Chain Lightning Build Skills
- Chain Lightning Build Enchantments
- Chain Lightning Build Passive Skills
- Chain Lightning Build Aspects
- Chain Lightning Build Paragon Points
- Chain Lightning Build Season Content
- Chain Lightning Build Gameplay
Skills for Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
These skills are the core of our Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build! Our goal is to create and accumulate Crackling Energy so we can always attack nearby enemies with Lightning Damage! The Build is using Ice Armor as its main defensive skill and can deal massive damage with its Ultimate! Chain Lightning is our main offensive ability.
|Summoned Lightning Spear
|Enhanced Ice Armor
|Supreme Unstable Currents
|Destructive Chain Lightning
- Flickering Spark(Spark,1/5): Deals lightning damage and has a chance to form Crackling Energy,
- Destructive Chain Lightning(Chain Lightning,5/5): Deals massive Lightning damage and has a chance to form Crackling Energy.
- Shimmering Teleport(Teleport,1/5): Teleports you around and provides damage reduction.
- Summoned Lightning Spear(Lightning Spear,3/5): Seeks out enemies and deals strong Lightning Damage. It deals more damage when you collect Crackling Energy.
- Enhanced Ice Armor(Ice Armor, 1/5): Provides a Barrier and boosts your Mana Regeneration.
- Supreme Unstable Currents: Powerful Ultimate that casts Shock skills.
We are also applying one point to the Ball Lightning skill, so we can use it for our Enchantments.
Enchantments for Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
Enchantments is the special mechanic of Sorcerer in Diablo 4! When you reach level 15 you can unlock enchantments by completing the “Legacy of the Magi” Quest. You can pick one enchantment at level 15 and another one at level 30. Placing a skill to the enchantment slots will unlock a special passive for that skill. To place a skill you must have allocated at least one point to it.
- Ball Lightning: Critical Strikes have a chance to spawn a static Ball Lightning.
- Spark: Killing enemies has a chance to form Crackling Energy.
Passive Skills for Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
The Passive Skills we choose are also quite important for the Build and can help us become stronger. These are the Passive Skills for the Chain Lightning Sorcerer Shock Build!
- Devastation, 3/3
- Elemental Dominance, 3/3
- Precision Magic, 3/3
- Align the Elements, 3/3
- Static Discharge, 3/3
- Shocking Impact, 3/3
- Invigorating Conduit, 3/3
- Coursing Currents, 3/3
- Conduction, 3/3
- Electrocution, 3/3
- Convulsions, 3/3
Key Passive: Overflowing Energy
You can find more about the Sorcerer Skills by reading my Diablo 4 Sorcerer Skills Guide!
Legendary Aspects for Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
Legendary Aspects are important and define our Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build! You can get them as a reward from completing Dungeons(Codex of Power Aspects) or as a drop while defeating enemies! Some of the best Legendary Aspects can only be found as drops while defeating enemies in Diablo 4! You can extract them from items you do not want to use and imprint them to your favorite piece of gear with the help of the Occultist vendor! These are the best Aspects for our Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build!
|Drop, Sarat’s Lair(Scosglen)
|Aspect of Disobedience
|Drop, Halls of the Damned(Kehjistan)
|Aspect of Abundant Energy
|Aspect of Fortune
|Aspect of Splintering Energy
|Drop, Crumbling Hekma(Kehjistan)
|Drop, Zenith(Fractured Peaks)
|Aspect of Overwhelming Currents
A few more Aspects you can also use include Aspect of the Protector, Accelerating Aspect, Aspect of Frozen Wake, Charged Aspect, Aspect of the Umbral.
Gear Stats for Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
Legendary Aspects are defining for the Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build but the stats you get on the gear are important as well! Gear Stats can make or break your Build and will enhance your capabilities when pursuing a specific type of gameplay! Our desired Stats for the Chain Lightning Sorcerer Shock Build are:
- Lightning Damage
- Shock Skill Damage
- Crackling Energy Damage
- Core Skill Damage
- Critical Strike Chance
- Critical Strike Damage
- Lightning Critical Strike Damage
- Boost to Stats
- Mana Cost Reduction
- Extra Mana
- Barrier Generation
- Resource Generation
- Damage Reduction
- Cooldown Reduction
- Extra Ranks to our Skills
There are several more gear stats that can be helpful but these are the most important for the Build!
Gems for Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
Gems are quite important as well, since they can boost our capabilities when dealing with enemies! For a Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build, these are the best Gem Options:
- Weapon: Skull(Life on Kill)
- Armor: Topaz(Damage Reduction while Control Impaired)
- Jewelry: Skull(Extra Armor)
Unique Items for Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
Unique Items offer powerful effects that can further enhance your Build! Some Unique Items you can use with the Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build are:
- Fists of Fate(Gloves): Attack randomly deal a % of their normal damage.
- Mother’s Embrace(Ring): Can refund resources.
- Penitent Greaves(Boots): Chills enemies and deals more damage to Chilled enemies.
- Esadora’s Overflowing Cameo(Amulet): Chance to release a Lightning Nova when collecting Crackling Energy.
- Raiment of the Infinite(Chest): Teleport pulls and stuns enemies.
- Tassets of the Dawning Sky(Pants): When you take damage from a Non-Physical damage type, you gain Maximum Resistance to that damage type. This effect can only apply to one damage type at a time.
- Tibault’s Will(Pants): You deal increased damage while Unstoppable and for a few seconds after. When you become Unstoppable, gain some of your Primary Resource.
- Tal Rasha’s Iridescent Loop(Ring): For each type of Elemental damage you deal, gain increased damage. Dealing Elemental damage refreshes all bonuses.
Paragon Points for Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
Paragon Points can further enhance your Build and make you powerful. You can start earning Paragon Points after you reach level 50. Allocating them properly will help you become stronger and clear harder content! To learn more about Paragon Points and Boards, you can read my Paragon Board Guide.
Our goal with the Paragon Boards is to unlock several Powerful Glyphs and Nodes, suitable for our Build! This is the Paragon Board path you should follow for the Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build!
- Unlock the Elementalist Rare Node with all its Magic Nodes on the right and continue to the Glyph Socket.
- Place the Charged Glyph.
- Unlock the Elemental Balance and Erudite Rare Nodes near the glyph, along with their Magic Nodes and continue North to the Gate.
- Attach the Ceaseless Conduit Board.
Ceaseless Conduit Board(Second Board)
- Create a short path North East to unlock the Hunter Killer Rare Node and all its Magic Nodes.
- From the Gate create another path North West to unlock the Glyph Socket, the Electro and Galvanic Catalyst Rare Nodes, along with their Magic Nodes.
- Place the Reinforced Glyph.
- Continue North to unlock the Conduit Rare Node and its Magic Nodes, then East for the Suffused Resilience Rare Node and its Magic Nodes, then South for the Ceaseless Conduit Legendary Node.
- From your already created path head to the Western Gate to attach the Elemental Summoner Board.
Elemental Summoner Board(Third Board)
- Head West to unlock the Glyph Socket, the Erudite and Conjurer Rare Nodes, along with their Magic Nodes.
- Place the Destruction Glyph.
- Take the Keeper of Elements Rare node and its Magic Nodes near the Eastern Gate of the board and continue South to unlock the Fleeting and Swift Conjurer Rare Nodes, along with their Magic Nodes.
- Head to the Southern Gate to attach the Enchantment Master Board. Rotate once before attaching the Board.
Enchantment Master Board(Fourth Board)
- Head South East to unlock the Glyph Socket, the Erudite and Elemental Balance Rare Nodes nearby, along with their Magic Nodes.
- Place the Territorial Glyph.
- Create a short path West to unlock the Ruinous Rare Node and its Magic Nodes and another short path South to unlock the Elementalist Rare Node and all its Magic Nodes.
In total we are using four Rare Glyphs on our Paragon Boards. The Diablo 4 Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build Glyphs are:
Season Content for Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
The Season of Construct adds a Seneschal Companion that can assist you in combat! You can unlock this Robotic Companion by advancing the Seasonal Questline and enhance their capabilities with Governing and Tuning Stones! Governing Stones grant attacks to your Companion while Tuning Stones augment those attacks. You can use two Governing Stones and six Tuning Stones at the same time.(One Governing Stone to get the attack type and three Tuning Stones to augment it). It is possible to get these Stones by completing Vaults(a new type of Seasonal Dungeons), opening Wardwoven Chests and unlocking new levels of the Season Journey! You can find more about the Companion and the Season’s new features in my Season of the Construct Overview!
Gameplay for Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
The goal of the build is to create Crackling Energy and overwhelm enemies with your strong Lightning Damage! Cast Ice Armor to protect yourself and boost your Mana Regeneration. Use Teleport if you have to escape and to boost your Damage Reduction. Cast Lightning Spear to attack enemies in the area and use Spark to form Crackling Energy. Chain Lightning is the main offensive ability of the build, that also creates Crackling Energy and can melt groups of enemies.
Collect Crackling Energy to attack enemies nearby continuously with Lightning damage but to also boost the damage of your Lightning Spear. Chain Lightning is your main form of damage but Lightning Spear deals great damage as well. Use your Ultimate, Unstable Currents, to cast automatically shock based skills and deal massive damage.
More Diablo 4 Builds & Guides
- Barbarian Berserking Build
- Rend Barbarian Bleeding Build
- Druid Shapeshifting Build
- Werewolf Druid Shred Build
- Druid Pulverize Build
- Necromancer Bone Spear Build
- Necromancer Minion Build
- Frost Rogue Rapid Fire Build
- Rogue Barrage Build
- Rogue Flurry Build
- Sorcerer Fire Build
- Sorcerer Ice Shards Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.