Diablo 4 Necromancer Beginner
Welcome to my Diablo 4 Necromancer Beginner Build, designed for World Tier 1 and World Tier 2 difficulties! The goal of this Beginner Build is to help you level up and prepare yourself for the higher World Tier difficulties! Necromancer is the Class of Death, Blood and Undead Minions! You can summon your minions to deal with enemies or sacrifice them to gain strength and obliterate your foes. This Beginner Build is focusing on creating an undead army that generates corpses for you to explode!
You can use this Beginner Build as it is to complete the campaign and level up while learning all the new interesting mechanics of Diablo 4. Alternatively you can use it as a template and adjust it to your needs and preferred play style as you level up. For more Necromancer Builds, you can take a look at my Diablo 4 Necromancer Builds page. For an advanced Necromancer Build, designed for higher difficulty and endgame activities, you can read my Overlord – Necromancer Minion Build for Diablo 4!
Table of Contents
- Necromancer Beginner Skills
- Necromancer Beginner Book of the Dead
- Necromancer Beginner Passive Skills
- Necromancer Beginner Aspects
- Necromancer Beginner Season Content
- Necromancer Beginner Gameplay
Necromancer Beginner Build Skills in Diablo 4
The core of our Beginner Build is the skills we are choosing to use! Our Build is focusing on summoning minions, boosting their damage and generating Corpses! A small Army of undeads can deal with enemies while we make corpses explode and clear entire rooms of enemies.
|Raise Skeleton||Golem||Plagued Corpse Explosion||Plagued Corpse Tendrils||Acolyte’s Decompose||Supernatural Blight|
- Acolyte’s Decompose(Decompose,1/5): Deals damage and boosts Minions’ damage.
- Supernatural Blight(Blight, 5/5): Deals shadow damage, slows and boosts minions’ damage.
- Plagued Corpse Explosion(Corpse Explosion, 2/5): Makes corpses explode.
- Plagued Corpse Tendrils(Corpse Tendrils,1/5): Crowd Controls enemies and makes them Vulnerable.
- Raise Skeleton: Summon Skeletons to fight for you.
- Golem: Raise a Golem to fight for you(Requires the completion of a Class Quest at level 25).
Necromancer Beginner Build Book of the Dead in Diablo 4
Book of the Dead is the special mechanic of Necromancer in Diablo 4! It allows you to upgrade or sacrifice the different types of minions you can summon. You unlock the book for free at level 5 and gain access to more upgrades as you level up. These are the Build’s upgrades:
- Skeletal Warriors: Reapers Upgrade 2 to form more corpses.
- Skeletal Mages: Shadow Upgrade 2 for additional attacks.
- Golems: Bone Upgrade 1 to form more corpses.
Necromancer Beginner Build Passive Skills in Diablo 4
The Passive Skills we choose are also quite important for the Build and can help us become stronger. These are the Passive Skills for the Necromancer Beginner Build!
- Hewed Flesh(3/3, Core Skills)
- Skeletal Warrior Mastery(3/3, Macabre Skills)
- Grim Harvest(3/3, Macabre Skills)
- Fueled by Death(3/3, Macabre Skills)
- Death’s Embrace(3/3, Curse Skills)
- Skeletal Mage Mastery(3/3, Curse Skills)
- Reaper’s Pursuit(3/3, Corpse Skills)
- Gloom(3/3, Corpse Skills)
- Crippling Darkness(3/3, Corpse Skills)
- Terror(3/3, Corpse Skills)
- Golem Mastery(3/3, Ultimate Skills)
- Inspiring Leader(2/3, Ultimate Skills)
- Hellbent Commander(2/3, Ultimate Skills)
- Bonded in Essence(1/3, Ultimate Skills)
- Death’s Defense(2/3, Ultimate Skills)
- Shadowblight Key Passive
You can find more about the Necromancer Skills by reading my Diablo 4 Necromancer Skills Guide!
Necromancer Beginner Build Aspects in Diablo 4
All following Aspects are easy to get from Dungeons! You can farm the Dungeons to unlock them and turn your gear into Legendary quality. This will strengthen your Beginner Build and help you deal with stronger enemies. You can replace them with better Aspects that you find from loot. Keep in mind that you can always use the Aspects you farm from Dungeons(Codex of Power Aspects) but only use once Aspects you get from loot. So it is wise to keep Aspects you get from loot(and extract via the Occultist) for your better gear later in the game.
|Helm||Eluding Aspect||Caldera Gate – Fractured Peaks|
|Chest||Aspect of the Protector||Lost Archives – Fractured Peaks|
|Gloves||Blighted Aspect||Akkhan’s Grasp – Hawezar|
|Pants||Aspect of Might||Dark Ravine – Dry Steppes|
|Boots||Wind Striker Aspect||Shivta Ruins – Kehjistan|
|Weapon||Aspect of Reanimation||Aldurwood – Scosglen|
|Amulet||Aspect of Retribution||Abandoned Mineworks – Kehjistan|
|Ring||Flesh-Rending Aspect||Nostrava Deepwood – Fractured Peaks|
|Ring||Requiem Aspect||Vault of the Forsaken – Scosglen|
|Offhand||Aspect of Disobedience||Halls of the Damned – Kehjistan|
You can find more about Aspects by reading my Codex of Power Aspects Guide!
Necromancer Beginner Build Season Content in Diablo 4
The Season of Blood adds Vampiric Powers to Diablo 4, allowing you to transform into a powerful Vampire! Vampiric Powers are basically passive abilities that enhance your Build and offer additional effects to your character. In total there are 22 Vampiric Powers available in the Season of Blood divided in Major and Minor powers. You can unlock and upgrade them(up to level 3) by collecting Potent Blood from defeating enemies, completing the Seasonal quest line and clearing Blood Harvest Events!
To activate and use your Vampiric Powers, you will need the appropriate Pact Armor! There are three types of Pact, Ferocity, Divinity, Eternity. Each Power requires a different number of Pacts to activate it. By wearing Armor with the necessary Pacts for your Powers, you activate them and earn their benefits. It is possible to cleanse an Armor of its Pacts and even add the Pact types your Powers require. The Best Vampiric Powers for the Build are:
Major Vampiric Powers:
- Accursed Touch
- Call Familiar
Minor Vampiric Powers:
- Coven’s Fang
- Feed the Coven
- Prey on the Weak
Necromancer Beginner Build Gameplay in Diablo 4
Raise your minions and let them wreak havoc! The Build relies a lot on your minions to deal with enemies but you can also deal shadow damage with Decompose and Blight! Corpse Explosion and Corpse Tendrils can crowd control and deal massive AOE damage as well. A Leveling Necromancer Beginner Build in Diablo 4, that lets you play as a commander of a small undead army!
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.