Diablo 4 Necromancer Bone Spear
Undertaker is a powerful No Minions, Bone Spear Necromancer Build for Diablo 4! Necromancer is the Class of Death, Blood and Undead Minions! This Build is focusing on another aspect of Necromancer gameplay, Bone skills, to deal massive Burst damage and clear content fast. Undertaker is not using any minions for combat as well. We are sacrificing all Minions to boost our offensive capabilities and deal even better damage. If you are just starting out you can take a look at my Diablo 4 Necromancer Beginner Build. For more Necromancer Builds, you can take a look at my Diablo 4 Necromancer Builds page.
Table of Contents
- Bone Spear Build Skills
- Bone Spear Build Book of the Dead
- Bone Spear Build Passive Skills
- Bone Spear Build Aspects
- Bone Spear Build Paragon Points
- Bone Spear Build Season Content
- Bone Spear Build Gameplay
Skills for Necromancer Bone Spear Build in Diablo 4
These skills are the core of our Necromancer Bone Spear Build! A combination of Bone and Corpse skills that deals massive damage and crowd control enemies. A Physical Damage based Build that can clear large areas from enemies with ease. The skills synergize with each other to help you gather enemies and kill them fast.
|Skill 1||Plagued Corpse Explosion|
|Skill 2||Abhorrent Decrepify|
|Skill 3||Plagued Corpse Tendrils|
|Skill 4||Supreme Bone Storm|
|Basic||Initiate’s Bone Splinters|
|Core||Paranormal Bone Spear|
- Initiate’s Bone Splinters(Bone Splinters,1/5): Regenerates Essence and makes enemies Vulnerable.
- Paranormal Bone Spear(Bone Spear, 5/5): Deals massive damage and boosts Critical Strike Chance.
- Plagued Corpse Explosion(Corpse Explosion, 3/5): Makes corpses explode.
- Abhorrent Decrepify(Decrepify, 1/5): Slows, Stuns enemies and reduces your cooldowns.
- Plagued Corpse Tendrils(Corpse Tendrils,1/5): Crowd Controls enemies and makes them Vulnerable.
- Supreme Bone Storm: Deals AOE damage, protects you and boosts your Critical Strike Chance.
Book of the Dead for Necromancer Bone Spear Build in Diablo 4
Book of the Dead is the special mechanic of Necromancer in Diablo 4! It allows you to upgrade or sacrifice the different types of minions you can summon. You unlock the book for free at level 5 and gain access to more upgrades as you level up. We are sacrificing all our Minions to boost the damage of the Build:
- Skeletal Warriors Sacrifice: Increased Critical Strike Chance.
- Cold Mages Sacrifice: More Damage to Vulnerable enemies.
- Iron Golem Sacrifice: Increased Critical Strike Damage.
Passive Skills for Necromancer Bone Spear Build in Diablo 4
The Passive Skills we choose are also quite important for the Build and can help us become stronger. These are the Passive Skills for the Necromancer Bone Spear Build!
- Unliving Energy, 3/3
- Hewed Flesh, 3/3
- Grim Harvest, 3/3
- Fueled by Death, 3/3
- Death’s Embrace, 3/3
- Amplify Damage, 3/3
- Serration, 3/3
- Compound Fracture, 3/3
- Evulsion, 3/3
- Stand Alone, 3/3
- Memento Mori, 2/3
Key Passive: Ossified Essence
You can find more about the Necromancer Skills by reading my Diablo 4 Necromancer Skills Guide!
Legendary Aspects for Necromancer Bone Spear Build in Diablo 4
Legendary Aspects are important and define our Necromancer Bone Spear Build! You can get them as a reward from completing Dungeons(Codex of Power Aspects) or as a drop while defeating enemies! Some of the best Legendary Aspects can only be found as drops while defeating enemies in Diablo 4! You can extract them from items you do not want to use and imprint them to your favorite piece of gear with the help of the Occultist vendor! These are the best Aspects for our Necromancer Bone Spear Build!
|Helm||Aspect of Shielding Storm||Drop|
|Chest||Aspect of Disobedience||Drop, Halls of the Damned(Kehjistan)|
|Gloves||Aspect of Grasping Veins||Drop, Corrupted Grotto(Kehjistan)|
|Pants||Aspect of the Protector||Drop, Lost Archives(Fractured Peaks)|
|Boots||Eluding Aspect||Drop, Caldera Gate(Fractured Peaks)|
|Weapon||Splintering Aspect||Drop, Guulranh Slums(Dry Steppes)|
|Ring||Aspect of Serration||Drop|
|Ring||Sacrificial Aspect||Drop, Ruins of Eridu(Hawezar)|
|Offhand(Optional)||Osseous Gale Aspect||Drop|
A few other Aspects you can use include Aspect of the Umbral and Aspect of Torment.
Gear Stats for Necromancer Bone Spear Build in Diablo 4
Legendary Aspects are defining for the Necromancer Bone Spear Build but the stats you get on the gear are important as well! Gear Stats can make or break your Build and will enhance your capabilities when pursuing a specific type of gameplay! Our desired Stats for the Necromancer Bone Spear Build are:
- Vulnerable Damage
- Core Skill Damage
- Bone Skill Damage
- Physical Damage
- Ultimate Skill Damage
- Critical Strike Chance
- Critical Strike Damage
- Critical Strike Damage with Bone Skills
- Life on Kill
- Boost to Stats
- Damage to Crowd Controlled Enemies
- Essence Cost Reduction
- Extra Essence
- Damage Reduction
- Cooldown Reduction
- Extra Ranks to our Skills
There are several more gear stats that can be helpful but these are the most important for the Build!
Gems for Necromancer Bone Spear Build in Diablo 4
Gems are quite important as well, since they can boost our capabilities when dealing with enemies! For a Necromancer Bone Spear Build, these are the best Gem Options:
- Weapon: Emerald(Extra Critical Strike Damage to Vulnerable Enemies)
- Armor: Topaz(Damage Reduction while Control Impaired) or Ruby(Extra Life)
- Jewelry: Skull(Extra Armor)
Unique Items for Necromancer Bone Spear Build in Diablo 4
Unique Items offer powerful effects that can further enhance your Build! Some Unique Items you can use with the Necromancer Bone Spear Build are:
- Mother’s Embrace(Ring): Can refund resources.
- Penitent Greaves(Boots): Chills enemies and deals more damage to Chilled enemies.
- The Grandfather(2-Handed Sword): Increases Critical Strike Damage
- Black River(1-Handed Scythe): Corpse Explosion consumes more corpses to deal more damage.
- Deathless Visage(Helm): Bone Spear leaves behind echoes as it travels that explode, dealing extra damage.
- Howl from Below(Gloves): Corpse Explosion summons a volatile Skeleton that charges and explodes.
- Lidless Wall(Shield): Lucky Hit: While you have an active Bone Storm, hitting an unaffected enemy has a chance to spawn an additional Bone Storm at their location. Each of your active Sacrifice bonuses increases the chance by a % and the total number of additional Bone Storms you can have.
Paragon Points for Necromancer Bone Spear Build in Diablo 4
Paragon Points can further enhance your Build and make you powerful. You can start earning Paragon Points after you reach level 50. Allocating them properly will help you become stronger and clear harder content! To learn more about Paragon Points and Boards, you can read my Paragon Board Guide.
Our goal with the Paragon Boards is to unlock several Powerful Glyphs and Nodes, suitable for our Build! This is the Paragon Board path you should follow for the Necromancer Bone Spear Build!
- Unlock the Prime Rare Node and all Magic Nodes around it and continue North to unlock the Glyph socket.
- Place the Exploit Glyph, unlock Knowledge and Preservation Rare Nodes, along with their Magic Nodes and get to the Gate.
- Attach the Bone Graft Board. Rotate once before attaching.
Bone Graft Board(Second Board)
- Head East to unlock the Bone Graft Legendary Node.
- Take the Entomb Rare Node with all Magic Nodes around it and continue West to unlock the Reinvigorate and Calcified Rare Nodes(plus Magic Nodes around them).
- Continue North West to unlock the Glyph Socket, as well as the Erudite and Shaper of Bone Rare Nodes with all their Magic Nodes. Place the Sacrificial Glyph and continue to the Northern Gate to attach the Flesh-eater Board.
Flesh-eater Board(Third Board)
- Take the Culler Rare Node on the right, along with all Magic Nodes around it and continue North to Unlock the Glyph Socket, the Erudite and Targeted Rare Nodes and all their Magic Nodes.
- Place the Control Glyph and continue West to unlock the Flesh-eater Legendary Node and the Stifle Rare node with all its Magic Nodes.
- Head to the Western Gate to attach the Scent of Death Board. Rotate twice before attaching.
Scent of Death(Fourth Board)
- Make one Path North West to unlock the Deathbringer and Ruin Rare Nodes, along with their Magic Nodes. Continue to unlock the Scent of Death Legendary Node.
- From the Gate head West to unlock the Glyph Socket, the Deathmarked and Preservation Rare Nodes, along with their Magic Nodes.
- Place the Territorial Glyph and continue North West to unlock the Corrective Rare Node, along with its Magic Nodes.
In total we are using four Rare Glyphs on our Paragon Boards. The Diablo 4 Necromancer Bone Spear Build Glyphs are:
Season Content for Necromancer Bone Spear Build in Diablo 4
The Season of the Malignant adds Malignant Hearts to the game that transform your Build and offer new gameplay paths! Seasonal Builds can use these Hearts to further enhance their capabilities. In total there are 32 Hearts, divided in four categories:
- Vicious Hearts(Offensive Power)
- Brutal Hearts(Defensive Power)
- Devious Hearts(Utility Power)
- Wrathful Hearts(Super Power)
Each Heart category has its own color and can be socketed to corresponding colored sockets in gems. Vicious, Brutal and Devious Hearts can only be socketed to their corresponding sockets. You can socket Wrathful Hearts in any Socket. The Best Malignant Hearts for the Build are:
- The Sacrilegious(Vicious)
- The Barber(Wrathful)
- Frozen Terror(Devious)
- The Decrepit Aura(Brutal)
- The Malignant Pact(Wrathful)
Gameplay for Necromancer Bone Spear Build in Diablo 4
Crowd control and debuff your enemies before you can destroy them with your powerful Bone Spear! The goal of the Build is to gather enemies, curse them, then destroy them. Attack with Bone Splinters and Bone Spear to kill weak enemies and create Corpses. Use Corpse Tendrils to a corpse to pull all enemies in the area and make them vulnerable. Once the enemies are pulled, debuff them with Decrepify and destroy them with your Bone Spear and Corpse Explosion. When you consume Corpses you generate Essence, so you have more resources to attack with Bone Spear! Finally use your Bone Storm to deal AOE damage and protect yourself.
More Diablo 4 Builds & Guides
- Barbarian Berserking Build
- Rend Barbarian Bleeding Build
- Druid Shapeshifting Build
- Werewolf Druid Shred Build
- Necromancer Minion Build
- Rogue Barrage Build
- Rogue Flurry Build
- Sorcerer Ice Build
- Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.