Diablo 4 Necromancer Minion Build
Overlord is a Necromancer Minion Build in Diablo 4. Necromancer is the Class of Death, Blood and Undead Minions! You can summon your minions to deal with enemies or sacrifice them to gain strength and obliterate your foes. This Build is focusing on raising Minions to kill enemies for you and clear harder difficulty content! Overlord is basically the evolution of my Diablo 4 Necromancer Beginner Build for higher World Tier difficulties. For more Necromancer Builds, you can take a look at my Diablo 4 Necromancer Builds page.
Table of Contents
- Necromancer Minion Build Skills
- Necromancer Minion Build Book of the Dead
- Necromancer Minion Build Passive Skills
- Necromancer Minion Build Aspects
- Necromancer Minion Build Paragon Points
- Necromancer Minion Build Season Content
- Necromancer Minion Build Gameplay
Skills for Necromancer Minion Build in Diablo 4
These skills are the core of our Necromancer Minion Build! Our focus is on raising Minions and assisting them with Shadow damage based skills! The Necromancer Minion Build gameplay is quite passive, since Minions will deal with most enemies. Even like this though, summoning Priests to heal our Minions and assist with other skills is still important to clear content.
|Plagued Corpse Explosion
|Plagued Corpse Tendrils
- Acolyte’s Decompose(Decompose,1/5): Deals damage and boosts Minions’ damage.
- Supernatural Blight(Blight, 5/5): Deals shadow damage, slows and boosts minions’ damage.
- Plagued Corpse Explosion(Corpse Explosion, 2/5): Makes corpses explode.
- Plagued Corpse Tendrils(Corpse Tendrils,1/5): Crowd Controls enemies and makes them Vulnerable.
- Raise Skeleton: Summon Skeletons to fight for you.
- Golem: Raise a Golem to fight for you(Requires the completion of a Class Quest at level 25).
Book of the Dead for Necromancer Minion Build in Diablo 4
Book of the Dead is the special mechanic of Necromancer in Diablo 4! It allows you to upgrade or sacrifice the different types of minions you can summon. You unlock the book for free at level 5 and gain access to more upgrades as you level up. These are the Build’s upgrades:
- Skeletal Warriors: Reapers Upgrade 2 to form more corpses.
- Skeletal Mages: Shadow Upgrade 2 for additional attacks.
- Golems: Bone Upgrade 1 to form more corpses.
Passive Skills for Necromancer Minion Build in Diablo 4
The Passive Skills we choose are also quite important for the Build and can help us become stronger. These are the Passive Skills for the Necromancer Minion Build!
- Hewed Flesh, 3/3
- Skeletal Warrior Mastery, 3/3
- Grim Harvest, 3/3
- Fueled by Death, 3/3
- Death’s Embrace, 3/3
- Skeletal Mage Mastery, 3/3
- Reaper’s Pursuit, 3/3
- Gloom, 3/3
- Crippling Darkness, 3/3
- Terror, 3/3
- Golem Mastery, 3/3
- Inspiring Leader, 2/3
- Hellbent Commander, 2/3
- Bonded in Essence, 1/3
- Death’s Defense, 2/3
Key Passive: Shadowblight
You can find more about the Necromancer Skills by reading my Diablo 4 Necromancer Skills Guide!
Legendary Aspects for Necromancer Minion Build in Diablo 4
Legendary Aspects are important and define our Necromancer Minion Build! You can get them as a reward from completing Dungeons(Codex of Power Aspects) or as a drop while defeating enemies! Some of the best Legendary Aspects can only be found as drops while defeating enemies in Diablo 4! You can extract them from items you do not want to use and imprint them to your favorite piece of gear with the help of the Occultist vendor! These are the best Aspects for our Necromancer Minion Build!
|Aspect of Hardened Bones
|Aspect of the Protector
|Drop, Lost Archives(Fractured Peaks)
|Aspect of the Void
|Blood Getter’s Aspect
|Aspect of the Umbral
|Drop, Champion’s Demise(Dry Steppes)
|Drop, Akkhan’s Grasp(Hawezar)
|Aspect of Frenzied Dead
Other great Aspects you can use include Aspect of Grasping Veins, Aspect of Reanimation, Viscous Aspect.
Gear Stats for Necromancer Minion Build in Diablo 4
Legendary Aspects are defining for the Necromancer Minion Build but the stats you get on the gear are important as well! Gear Stats can make or break your Build and will enhance your capabilities when pursuing a specific type of gameplay! Our desired Stats for the Necromancer Minion Build are:
- Vulnerable Damage
- Core Skill Damage
- Critical Strike Chance
- Critical Strike Damage
- Shadow Damage
- Darkness Skill Damage
- Boost to Stats
- Minion Attack Speed
- Damage to Crowd Controlled Enemies
- Essence Cost Reduction
- Extra Essence
- Damage Reduction
- Cooldown Reduction
- Extra Ranks to our Skills
There are several more gear stats that can be helpful but these are the most important for the Build!
Gems for Necromancer Minion Build in Diablo 4
Gems are quite important as well, since they can boost our capabilities when dealing with enemies! For a Necromancer Minion Build, these are the best Gem Options:
- Weapon: Emerald(Extra Critical Strike Damage to Vulnerable Enemies)
- Armor: Topaz(Damage Reduction while Control Impaired) or Ruby(Extra Life)
- Jewelry: Skull(Extra Armor)
Unique Items for Necromancer Minion Build in Diablo 4
Unique Items offer powerful effects that can further enhance your Build! Some Unique Items you can use with the Necromancer Minion Build are:
- Mother’s Embrace(Ring): Can refund resources.
- Penitent Greaves(Boots): Chills enemies and deals more damage to Chilled enemies.
- The Grandfather(2-Handed Sword): Increases Critical Strike Damage
- Black River(1-Handed Scythe): Corpse Explosion consumes more corpses to deal more damage.
- Howl from Below(Gloves): Corpse Explosion summons a volatile Skeleton that charges and explodes.
- Ring of Mendeln(Ring): While you have 7 or more Minions, you have achance to empower all of your Minions.
- Blood Moon Breeches(Pants): Your Minions have a chance to curse enemies. Enemies affected by at least 1 of your curses take increased Overpower damage from you.
- Tassets of the Dawning Sky(Pants): When you take damage from a Non-Physical damage type, you gain Maximum Resistance to that damage type. This effect can only apply to one damage type at a time.
- Tibault’s Will(Pants): You deal increased damage while Unstoppable and for a few seconds after. When you become Unstoppable, gain some of your Primary Resource.
- Ring of the Sacrilegious Soul(Ring): Automatically activate the following equipped Skills on Corpses around you:
- Raise Skeleton.
- Corpse Explosion.
- Corpse Tendrils.
Paragon Points for Necromancer Minion Build in Diablo 4
Paragon Points can further enhance your Build and make you powerful. You can start earning Paragon Points after you reach level 50. Allocating them properly will help you become stronger and clear harder content! To learn more about Paragon Points and Boards, you can read my Paragon Board Guide.
Our goal with the Paragon Boards is to unlock several Powerful Glyphs and Nodes, suitable for our Build! This is the Paragon Board path you should follow for the Necromancer Minion Build!
- Unlock the Prime Rare Node on the right and all Magic Nodes around it.
- Continue North, unlock the Glyph Socket and place the Warrior Glyph there.
- Unlock Preservation Rare Node with all Magic Nodes around it and reach the gate.
- Attach the Cult Leader Board.
Cult Leader Board(Second Board)
- Head West to unlock the Armor-Clad Rare Node and all Magic Nodes around it. Also get the Cult Leader Legendary Node nearby!
- From the Gate now head East and North to unlock the Infused Warrior Rare Node with all Magic Nodes around it.
- Continue North to the Glyph Socket, unlock the Puppeteer Rare Node with all Magic Nodes first.
- Place the Scourge Glyph and Unlock the two Rare Nodes nearby, Overlord and Custody with their Magic Nodes.
- From the path you have already created, head towards the Eastern Gate to attach the Hulking Monstrosity Board.
Hulking Monstrosity Board(Third Board)
- Go East and South to unlock the Borrowed Strength Rare Node and its Magic Nodes.
- Continue East but make a small detour North and East to unlock the Hulking Monstrosity Legendary Node.
- From your already created path continue East to unlock the Mutation Rare Node, the Glyph Socket and then go North to get the Miscreation Rare Node. Take also all Magic Nodes and place the Golem Glyph to the socket.
- Head South to the Gate to attach the Scent of Death Board. Rotate Twice before attaching it.
Scent of Death Board(Fourth Board)
- Head South to the Glyph Socket. Unlock first the Ruin Rare Node with all Magic Nodes around it, the Scent of Death Legendary Node then the Glyph Socket and place the Mage Glyph.
- Continue East towards the gate. Unlock first the Deathmarked Rare Node and all Magic Nodes around it and attach the Flesh-eater Board.
Flesh-eater Board(Fifth Board)
- Head East and North to unlock the Stifle Rare Node with its Magic Nodes. Continue East but make a detour South to unlock the Flesh-eater Legendary Node.
- East and then South to get the Targeted Rare Node, the Glyph Socket, Erudite Rare Node and continue South East for the Culler Rare Node. Also unlock all Magic Nodes around them.
- Place the Exploit Glyph in the Socket.
In total we are using five Rare Glyphs on our Paragon Boards. The Diablo 4 Necromancer Minion Build Glyphs are:
Season Content for Necromancer Minion Build in Diablo 4
The Season of Construct adds a Seneschal Companion that can assist you in combat! You can unlock this Robotic Companion by advancing the Seasonal Questline and enhance their capabilities with Governing and Tuning Stones! Governing Stones grant attacks to your Companion while Tuning Stones augment those attacks. You can use two Governing Stones and six Tuning Stones at the same time.(One Governing Stone to get the attack type and three Tuning Stones to augment it). It is possible to get these Stones by completing Vaults(a new type of Seasonal Dungeons), opening Wardwoven Chests and unlocking new levels of the Season Journey! You can find more about the Companion and the Season’s new features in my Season of the Construct Overview!
Gameplay for Necromancer Minion Build in Diablo 4
The Build has a mostly passive but nonetheless strong gameplay! Summon your Minions and let them do their Job. Assist them with Decompose and Blight skills! When necessary summon Skeletal Priests to heal them. Corpse Tendrils can help you crowd control enemies while Corpse Explosion can destroy large groups.
More Diablo 4 Builds & Guides
- Barbarian Berserking Build
- Rend Barbarian Bleeding Build
- Druid Shapeshifting Build
- Druid Pulverize Build
- Werewolf Druid Shred Build
- Necromancer Bone Spear Build
- Frost Rogue Rapid Fire Build
- Rogue Barrage Build
- Rogue Flurry Build
- Sorcerer Fire Build
- Sorcerer Ice Build
- Chain Lightning Sorcerer Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.