Volendrung Artifact Weapon
Volendrung is a PVP Artifact Weapon in The Elder Scrolls Online. Artifacts are cursed, powerful weapons that give access to a new set of skills but require a constant stream of kills to not consume their wielder.
These Weapons are available only in Cyrodiil and will appear randomly on the map in certain locations. Every player can try to capture them. Volendrung, which is basically a Maul, is the first of those weapons available in-game.
If you are new to PVP you can read my ESO PVP Beginner Guide!
Table of Contents
Stats and Skills
To successfully capture Volendrung you must first defeat a small group of NPC guarding the weapon, in certain locations around the map. Once you equip Volendrung you will get a boost to your primary stats and get a new set of skills to use. You cannot use your own skills, only the skills provided by the Artifact. At least until you lose control of it.
The Weapon gives access to six unique skills you can use in Cyrodiil. Five normal skills and an Ultimate.
- Rourken’s Rebuke: Batter foes in an arc in front of you, dealing Physical Damage, knocking enemies back and stunning them.
- Malacath’s Vengeance: Swing Volendrung in a mighty downward blow, dealing Physical Damage to a single target.
- Accursed Charge: Spring across the battlefield to smash an enemy, dealing Physical Damage.
- Pariah’s Resolve: Channel Volendrung’s Power to grant Major Brutality, Major Endurance and Major Expedition to you and nearby group members for 20 seconds, increasing your Weapon Damage, Stamina Recovery and your Movement Speed. Activating this ability removes all snares and immobilization from you.
- Sundering Swing: Smash Volendrung into a structure, dealing Physical Damage.
- Ruinous Cyclone: Turn into a living cyclone dealing Physical Damage, while pulling all nearby enemies close to you.
Volendrung Artifact Weapon Gameplay
Volendrung offers a nice variety of skills for the wielder to use, including a gap closer, an execute-like ability and AOE damage skills. What this PVP Artifact Weapon lacks, is a self heal ability that would make solo gameplay with Volendrung viable.
It does offer a strong shield and a heal to its wielder but in order to activate it, you must kill someone first. This is making Volendrung somewhat ineffective for solo gameplay.
On the contrary Volendrung is going to be a very strong tool for groups that can provide support and heals. The weapon’s biggest strength is its ability to destroy walls and doors like they were made out of paper. This is going to be its primary use in Cyrodiil. To tear down enemy keeps so your group/Alliance can capture them easily.
Volendrung Artifact Weapon Tutorial
In the starter gate of each Alliance, Sheogorath is waiting for you, to introduce you to Volendrung. A short tutorial is available to get you familiar with the weapon and its skills so you will know what to do if you have the chance to acquire it in Cyrodiil. You can re visit the tutorial area whenever you want, to practice with the Weapon’s skills.
More ESO PVP Guides & Builds
- ESO PVP Beginner Guide
- How to Build Your Character for PVP!
- ESO PVP Tier List
- Sorcerer PVP Builds
- Necromancer PVP Builds
- Nightblade PVP Builds
- Warden PVP Builds
- Dragonknight PVP Builds
- Templar PVP Builds
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.