ESO Fire DPS Build
A Fire based DPS PVE Build for ESO! The Build is focusing on Fire damage effects, skills and Armor Sets to provide the maximum Fire damage possible and create a fun gameplay! “Pyromancer” is designed to complete both Solo and Group PVE content, as it is! Our Class of choice is the Magicka Dragonknight because of the strong Fire damage skills it offers.
Combining those skills with more from Weapon and Guild lines, gives us a strong core of Fire skills to use in the Build! The Armor Sets we are using also boost the Fire damage of our skills and overall effects!
If you are a new player, you can take a look at my Dragonknight Beginner Guide. You can find more Builds in the Dragonknight Builds page.
For more Elemental and Status Effects Builds you can take a look at ESO Elemental Builds!
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Elemental Builds
ESO Fire DPS Build Setup
The Build is focusing on Fire damage based effects, Sets and skills to deal the best damage possible in Solo and Group gameplay! Runecarver’s Blaze is a nice alternative Set!
|Hands||Burning Spellweave||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Legs||Burning Spellweave||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Chest||Burning Spellweave||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Waist||Burning Spellweave||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||Burning Spellweave||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Necklace||Silks of the Sun||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Weapon/Spell Damage|
|Ring||Silks of the Sun||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Weapon/Spell Damage|
|Ring||Silks of the Sun||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Weapon/Spell Damage|
|One Handed Weapon||Silks of the Sun||Dagger||Nirnhoned||Flame Damage|
|One Handed Weapon||Silks of the Sun||Dagger||Charged||Poison|
|Staff||(Perfected) Crushing Wall/Silks of the Sun||Flame||Infused||Weapon Damage|
Armor Sets for ESO Fire DPS Build
- Zaan: Veteran Scalecaller Peak Dungeon, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- Burning Spellweave: City of Ash I & II Dungeons
- Silks of the Sun: Stonefalls, Overland
- (Perfected)Crushing Wall: (Veteran) Maelstrom Arena
- Runecarver’s Blaze: Scrivener’s Hall Dungeon
Skills for ESO Fire DPS Build
The following Skills will help you achieve great DPS for Group content. There are also alternative skills for Solo Gameplay.
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Molten Whip||Eruption|
|Skill 2||Burning Embers||Unstable Wall of Elements|
|Skill 3||Engulfing Flames||Barbed Trap|
|Skill 4||Flames of Oblivion/Cauterize||Scalding Rune|
|Skill 5||Camouflaged Hunter||Spell Symmetry/Elemental Drain|
|Ultimate Skill||Flawless Dawnbreaker||Standard of Might|
- Molten Whip(Lava Whip): Our spammable and a very important skill for the build, thanks to its Seething Fury passive.
- Burning Embers(Searing Strike): Strong Flame DOT offensive skill that also works as our only self-heal.
- Engulfing Flames(Fiery Breath): Another good flame DOT skill that makes enemies vulnerable to our fire damage.
- Flames of Oblivion(Inferno): A nice support offensive skill that attacks nearby enemies. Can replace with Cauterize(Inferno) in Solo gameplay.
- Camouflaged Hunter(Expert Hunter): Slotted for its passives.
- Flawless Dawnbreaker(Dawnbreaker): Strong Ultimate that deals damage and boosts Weapon/Spell Damage.
- Eruption(Ash Cloud): Strong AOE-DOT Fire skill.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): Great Fire AOE damage skill.
- Barbed Trap(Trap Beast): Additional DOT damage but we are mainly using it for the boost to our Critical Damage.
- Scalding Rune(Fire Rune): Strong Fire DOT skill that helps with our DPS.
- Spell Symmetry(Equilibrium): Sustain ability. Can replace with Elemental Drain(Weakness to Elements) in Solo gameplay.
- Standard of Might(Dragonknight Standard): Our main Ultimate.
Passive Skills for ESO Fire DPS Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Fire DPS Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Fighters Guild Passives: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for ESO Fire DPS Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
Slottable Stars: Master-at-Arms, Deadly Aim, Fighting Finesse, Backstabber
Passive: Eldritch Insight, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Precision, Blessed, Tireless Discipline
Slottable Stars: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Plentiful Harvest
Passive: Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment, Treasure Hunter(slottable, required for path)
Slottable Stars: Siphoning Spells, Strategic Reserve, Rejuvenation, Boundless Vitality
Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance
Consumables for ESO Fire DPS Build
We are using Clockwork Citrus Filet and Essence of Weapon/Spell Power as Potions.
Info for ESO Fire DPS Build
Several important info for the Fire DPS Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka
The Thief Mundus to boost Critical Chance.
What Race is best for ESO Fire DPS Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Khajiit – Breton is the best race for a DPS focused Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for ESO Fire DPS Build
Drink a potion, cast Flames of Oblivion/Cauterize, set your Barbed Trap, attack with Eruption, Unstable Wall of Elements, Scalding Rune and switch bars.
Continue with Engulfing Flames, Flames of Oblivion/Cauterize, Burning Embers, Molten Whip. Keep attacking with Molten Whip and re apply Eruption, Unstable Wall of Elements, Barbed Trap, Scalding Rune, Engulfing Flames, Flames of Oblivion/Cauterize, Burning Embers when necessary. Use Spell Symmetry to restore Magicka when low.
Use your Ultimate when ready, Standard of Might first, Flawless Dawnbreaker second and always Light Attack before every skill/action to boost damage!
More Elemental Builds
- Bleed – Stamina Warden Bleed DPS Build
- Blizzard – Magicka Warden Frost DPS Build
- Electro – Magicka Sorcerer Shock DPS Build
- Toxin – Stamina Dragonknight Poison DPS Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.