Magicka Necromancer Beginner
Welcome to my Magicka Necromancer Beginner Build for ESO! The Build is designed for c160 and beyond and will help you level up but also farm better Armor Sets. You can use it to clear PVE content Solo or with a group! Thanks to its great sustain, you will never have to worry about resources. As you level up and unlock better gear you can upgrade to a stronger DPS or Solo Magicka Necromancer Build. The Class of Elemental Magic and Undead Minions!
The Build is focusing on c160 and above simply because that is when having a proper build matters! Before you reach c160 all you have to worry about is leveling up and unlocking as many skill lines and skills as possible. c160 is also the gear cap in ESO, so after you hit that level every Set piece you drop is good to use forever! Here is a list of a few beginner guides that will help you level up faster and more efficiently as a Magicka Necromancer:
- New Player Beginner Guide
- Necromancer Beginner Guide
- Necromancer Class Skills
- ESO Race Guide
- ESO Leveling Guide
- Best XP Grind Spots
- Best Beginner Sets
- Undaunted Pledges Guide
- Champion Points Guide
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Necromancer Builds
Magicka Necromancer Beginner Build Setup
The core of the Build is two Crafted 5-piece Sets that you can get easily from other players or even craft yourself! You can have the Sets ready and use them as soon as you reach c160! To complement the Build we are using Jewelry from the Willpower Set.
|Head||Armor of the Seducer/Ilambris||Light/Heavy||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Shoulders||Armor of the Seducer/Ilambris||Light/Medium||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Hands||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Legs||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max.Magicka|
|Chest||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Waist||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Necklace||Willpower/Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Willpower/Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Flame||Precise||Absorb Magicka|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Frost/Flame/Lightning||Infused||Weapon Damage|
Armor Sets for Magicka Necromancer Beginner Build
- Law of Julianos: Wrothgar – Crafted(Orsinium DLC required)
- Armor of the Seducer: Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan – Crafted
- Willpower: Random Daily Dungeon Reward, Imperial City(Imperial City DLC required)
- Ilambris: Veteran Crypt of Hearts 1, Glirion the Redbeard
Skills for Magicka Necromancer Beginner Build
The following skills are strong against single targets and groups of enemies in PVE! They will also help you practice your Light Attack Weaving!
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Ricochet Skull||Unnerving Boneyard|
|Skill 2||Skeletal Arcanist||Unstable Wall of Elements|
|Skill 3||Stalking Blastbones||Barbed Trap|
|Skill 4||Harness Magicka||Summoner's Armor|
|Skill 5||Mystic Siphon||Spirit Guardian|
|Ultimate Skill||Glacial Colossus||Shooting Star|
- Ricochet Skull(Flame Skull): Our main skill & spammable.
- Skeletal Arcanist(Skeletal Mage): Our undead minion that assists with shock attacks. Also creates a corpse on death.
- Stalking Blastbones(Blastbones): Great offensive skill that also creates a corpse.
- Harness Magicka(Annulment): Shield ability for extra protection.
- Mystic Siphon(Shocking Siphon): Deals good shock damage but also restores Magicka.
- Glacial Colossus(Frozen Colossus): Primary Ultimate.
- Unnerving Boneyard(Boneyard): Deals Frost Damage and debuffs enemies.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): Strong AOE-DOT damage skill.
- Barbed Trap(Trap Beast): Additional DOT damage but we are mainly using it for the boost to Critical Damage.
- Summoner’s Armor(Bone Armor): Boosts Defense.
- Spirit Guardian(Spirit Mender): Healing ability that also boosts defense.
- Shooting Star(Meteor): Secondary Ultimate.
Passive Skills for Magicka Necromancer Beginner Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Magicka Necromancer Beginner Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Fighters Guild Passives: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Magicka Necromancer Beginner Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup(c160) for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
- Eldritch Insight: 10
- Quick Recovery: 10
- Tireless Discipline: 10
- Piercing: 10
- Presicion: 14
- Gilded Fingers: 18
- Fortune’s Favor: 10
- Wanderer: 15
- Steadfast Enchantment: 10
- Sprinter: 10
- Hasty: 8
- Hero’s Vigor: 10
- Siphoning Spells(Slottable): 10
- Rejuvenation(Slottable): 15
Consumables for Magcro Beginner Build
We are using Witchmother’s Potent Brew and Essence of Magicka as Potions.
Info for Magicka Necromancer Beginner Build
Several important info for the Magicka Necromancer Beginner Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka.
The Lover to boost Penetration or the Thief to boost Critical Chance.
What Race is best for Magicka Necromancer Beginner Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Khajiit – Breton is the best Race for a Magicka Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for Magicka Necromancer Beginner Build
Buff yourself with Summoner’s Armor, set your Barbed Trap, summon Spirit Guardian, attack with Unnerving Boneyard, Unstable Wall of Elements and switch bars. Continue with Stalking Blastbones, Skeletal Arcanist, Ricochet Skull, Stalking Blastbones, Ricochet Skull, Mystic Siphon, Stalking Blastbones, Ricochet Skull x2, Stalking Blastbones, Ricochet Skull x2, Stalking Blastbones, switch bars.
Unnerving Boneyard, Unstable Wall of Elements, Barbed Trap, switch bars and continue. When you are in front bar, use Stalking Blastbones after every two skills. Use Glacial Colossus when ready, protect yourself with Harness Magicka and reapply Spirit Guardian and Summoner’s Armor when necessary. Always Light Attack before every skill/action to boost damage.
More Necromancer Builds
- Hades – Magicka Necromancer DPS PVE Build
- Hela – Magicka Hybrid Necromancer DPS PVE Build
- Harbinger – Stamina Necromancer PVE Build
- Devourer – 2H Stamina Necromancer DPS PVE Build
- Charon – Magicka Necromancer Solo PVE Build
- Stamina Necromancer Solo PVE Build
- Necromancer Hybrid DPS PVE Build
- Undertaker – Magicka Necromancer PVP Build
- Plaguecaller – Stamina Necromancer PVP Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.