ESO Best Addons
This ESO Best Addons Guide will show you the Best Addons you can use in The Elder Scrolls Online, as well as where to find and install them! ESO Addons are powerful tools that can alter your UI, assist with sales and transform every aspect of the game. The use of specific addons can greatly improve your gameplay experience with helpful info but also improved visuals/UI.
Addons are very important not only for their impact on visuals and combat but also because of the utility they offer for making money, managing your inventory etc. There are several great addons you should use or at least try.
Table of Contents
- How Do I Get ESO Addons
- What Are the Best Addons for ESO
- Other Guides to Read
How do I Get ESO Addons
You can find Addons for every ESO aspect at ESOUI. You can browse and find addons easily based on their category and how they affect the game.
Once you find the addons you are after you can download and install them. This can be done either manually or with the help of Minion, a special addon program.
From each addon’s page you can download its zip file. Extract the file to a folder and paste it to your ESO addons folder. This is usually at
C:\Users\< username >\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\
Alternatively you can use Minion to install and manage your addons. Minion makes it easier to update your addons one by one or in bulk, find new addons to install and even create a backup of your setup. Clicking on addons reveals additional info about them.
After you have installed your addons you can activate or deactivate them from the add-ons option on character selection or from inside the game.
Certain addons have dependencies, which means that they require other addons to work properly. So you will have to install those as well.
You can configure your addons in the settings and even assign keybinds to use them faster.
What Are the Best Addons for ESO
Addons are powerful tools that are easy to install and use. There are some of the best ones:
Combat & UI ESO Best Addons
Combat Addons assist with alerts in combat and show you the remaining duration of skills. UI Addons can transform your screen and make you think you are playing a different game! Below you can find the Best Addons for Combat and UI in ESO:
- Srendarr: Srendarr can help you with buff, debuff, skill timers. In general it makes it easier to monitor and recast skills. You can assign different effects to different groups and place them anywhere on the screen.
- Foundry Tactical Combat (FTC): FTC allows you to adjust your and your enemies’ attribute bars as well as showing buffs and debuffs.
- Action Duration Reminder: This addon tracks the duration of your skills and notify you when you need to recast them.
Inventory ESO Best Addons
Inventory addons transform the layout of your inventory but also provide several helpful settings. Below you can find the Best Inventory Addons for ESO:
- Auto Category: Auto Category defines the priority each item category has in your inventory. So basically what appears first.
- Gridlist: Turns your inventory into a grid.
- CDG Bank Stacker: Automatically adds items from your inventory to your bank if there is a stack of the specific item already.
- FCO Item Saver: FCO allows you to assign your items to groups and protect them from accidents. You can customize icons and colors for every category. Very helpful tool to avoid selling or deconstructing items accidentally.
- GearSetsSort: Sorts your gear by Set name.
Map ESO Best Addons
Very useful Addons that add additional filters and details to your map(as well as minimap). Like this you can travel faster and reach to your objective with ease. The Best Map Addons in ESO are:
All these addons, add additional filters to your map, making navigation easier. They can be especially helpful when looking for Skyshards, Lorebooks, Surveys or hunting achievements. You may want to disable some of their options though for a more realistic exploration feeling.
HarvestMap is a great tool for farming Crafting Materials. It adds a pin to every resource node you find and can help you create a farming path for maximum profit. Essential to use with your dedicated Farming Character for the best results.
Economy ESO Best Addons
Powerful tools that can keep track of your sales but also inform you of the right price for an item! They are must have addons if you want to Make Gold in ESO fast and reliably! The Best Economy Addons in ESO are:
- Tamriel Trade Center (TTC): Great addon to use for price comparison. The addon collects all the items listings that you see in guild stores and creates a database with their prices. Requires an external client executable to work properly. Start the game first, then the external client.
- Arkadius’ Trade Tools: Another very helpful economy based addon. Provides traders with info about their sales, purchases and statistics for them and their Guilds.
Combat Utility ESO Best Addons
Out of Combat utility addons that can help you prepare your character before you get into a fight! The Best Combat Utility Addons in ESO are:
- Combat Metrics: Offers a live DPS counter and is the best tool to measure your DPS parses.
- Dressing Room: Can save several different Builds and help you switch Armor Sets and skills fast. Cannot save Champion Points so it is better to use it along with the Armory System.
Utility ESO Best Addons
Additional helpful Addons that can provide several tools, from a minimap to automated Daily Writ Crafting! The Best Utility Addons for ESO are:
- Votan’s Minimap: Adds a simple but useful minimap to the game.
- Wykkyd Toolbar: Adds helpful info to a customizable toolbar that you can place anywhere on your screen.
- Best Friends 2018: Removes friend login notifications from system. It displays a more discreet notice on the top right part of the screen instead.
- Group Loot Notifier: Shows the loot of your entire group. Very helpful when farming a specific item.
- Dolgubon’s Lazy Writ Crafter: Auto-accepts and completes your daily Writs. The addon works for every crafting profession except Alchemy and Provisioning. Essential addon for your Daily Routine in ESO.
- Potion Maker: Helps you find potions and poisons based on selected materials. Can mark and save recipes as favorites in order to craft your Potions faster.
Other Guides to Read
- Best Class Guide
- Best Solo Class Guide
- Race Guide
- New Player Beginner Guide
- ESO How to Make Gold
- ESO Leveling Guide
- Undaunted Pledges Guide
- Transmute Crystals Guide
- Champion Points Guide
- ESO Daily Routine
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.