Gold Farming Build – Runner
Runner is a super easy Gold Farming Build in the ESO with a simple goal. To help you move as fast as possible between resource nodes without using your mount. Gathering crafting materials in ESO is an easy and very lucrative way of making gold.
With the help of Runner, you can move fast, without using your mount and collect enough materials to make a small fortune. To make Gold from the materials you can sell them to other players or use them for crafting yourself and sell the final product. For the base of Runner we are using an Orc Stamina Warden Build. For more ways to make Gold in the Elder Scrolls Online you can check my How to Make Gold Guide. If you are interested in the career of a Thief in ESO in order to make Gold, take a look at my Cloak and Dagger Thief Build.
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Speed Calculation
- Champion Points
- Combat Rotation
- Beginner Guides
Gold Farming Build Setup
This setup will allow you to reach the speed cap in the game and move fast from one resource node to another, collecting materials and earning Gold! You can even fight monsters or other players with it!
|Shoulders||Swarm Mother||Medium||Divines||Max. Stamina|
|Hands||Impregnable Armor||Medium||Divines||Max. Stamina|
|Legs||Impregnable Armor||Medium||Divines||Max. Stamina|
|Chest||Impregnable Armor||Medium||Divines||Max. Stamina|
|Waist||Impregnable Armor||Medium||Divines||Max. Stamina|
|Feet||Impregnable Armor||Medium||Divines||Max. Stamina|
|Two Handed Weapon||Jailbreaker||Greatsword||Sharpened||Poison|
|Two Handed Weapon||Jailbreaker||Bow||Infused||Weapon Damage|
Armor Sets for Gold Farming Build
The sets we are using will help us boost our stats, reach the Speed Cap of the game and participate in other activities in PVE or PVP content.
- Domihaus: Veteran Falkreath Hold, Urgarlarg Chief-Bane
- Swarm Mother: Veteran Splindleclutch I, Maj Al-Ragath
- Impregnable Armor: Battlegrounds, Rewards for the Worthy
- Jailbreaker: Banished Cells I & II, Normal & Veteran difficulty
The goal of this combination is to reach the speed cap in order to move fast but also boost resources that will allow us to perform other actions with the same build.
You can replace Monster Sets with other that boost Stamina, Magicka or give you a specific effect. Since they do not affect speed, you can choose a defensive or offensive Monster Set depending on your goals. The same applies to Impregnable Armor. All body Armor are Medium to benefit from the Athletics Medium Armor Passive.
Other Sets that can boost speed include:
- Coward’s Gear: Battlegrounds Reward
- Fiord’s Legacy: Eastmarch, Overland
- Ring of the Wild Hunt: Antiquities
Skills for Gold Farming Build
The following skills will help you move faster but will also allow you to defeat various enemies.
|Wrecking Blow||Reverse Slice||Subterranean Assault||Fetcher Infection||Bird of Prey||Flawless Dawnbreaker|
|Endless Hail||Poison Injection||Bull Netch||Lotus Blossom||Bird of Prey||Permafrost|
For the purpose of running fast you only need to use Bird of Prey to gain Major Expedition and boost your Speed by 30%. The other skills can be used to defeat NPC.
- Wrecking Blow(Uppercut): Spammable.
- Reverse Slice(Reverse Slash): Execute ability that also deals AOE damage.
- Subterranean Assault(Scorch): Our strongest skill. Deals great AOE damage.
- Fetcher Infection(Swarm): Great damage DOT skill for our Warden.
- Bird of Prey(Falcon’s Swiftness): Passive boost to damage and active Speed Boost.
- Flawless Dawnbreaker(Dawnbreaker): Main, very strong Ultimate. Buffs weapon damage and deals great direct and DOT damage.
- Endless Hail(Volley): One of our strong AOE-DOT skills.
- Poison Injection(Poison Arrow): Another great DOT damage skill that deals strong poison damage.
- Bull Netch(Betty Netch): Very important self-buff. Boosts our weapon damage and is essential for our sustain.
- Lotus Blossom(Lotus Flower): Passive self-heal ability.
- Permafrost(Sleet Storm): Secondary Ultimate, great against multiple enemies.
You can use the build as it is for Overworld PVE and easier group content. For a dedicated DPS Stamina Warden 2h PVE Build you can take a look at Claymore. Runner can also be used as a scroll runner in Cyrodiil PVP zone or for general PVP with proper adjustments. For a dedicated Stamina Warden PVP Build, take a look at Destroyer.
Important Skills for Gold Farming Build
- Swift Warrior Orc Passive: Increases the movement Speed of Sprint by 10%.
- Bird of Prey Warden Skill: Grants Major Expedition, boosting Moving Speed by 30%
- Athletics Medium Armor Passive: Increases the movement speed of Sprint by 3% for every piece of Medium Armor equipped.
Other Useful Skills for Gold Farming Build
- Plentiful Harvest: Slottable Star in Craft Champion Points Tree. Grants a chance to gain double the yield from normal resource nodes.
- Master Gatherer: Slottable Star in Craft Champion Points Tree. Reduces your gathering time by 50%.
- Crafting Skills. To gain higher value materials you have to level up and unlock your Crafting Skills. The Keen Eye passive under each Line can also help you notice resource nodes faster.
Speed in the Elder Scrolls Online has a limit. The speed cap at the moment is at 200%. That means that if we go above that we gain nothing. Having that in mind let’s calculate the Speed of the Build as it is:
- Base Speed: 100%
- The Steed: +16% (with all armor in Divines)
- Jailbreaker Set: +15%
- Hasty: 2%-4%(Required for path, unlock only the first Stage)
Jogging speed: 133%-135%. By activating Bird of Prey we can boost that to 163%-165%. Now if we add the effects of sprint and other effects we get:
- Sprint: +40%
- Athletics: +21% (with 7 Medium Armor pieces)
- Orc Passive: +10%
Sprint Speed: 204%-206%. Our Sprint Speed like this(without using Bird of Prey) is at 204%-206%, 4%-6% above the speed cap in ESO.
Other Speed sources
Other speed boosting sets or effects you can try if you wish are:
- Coward’s Gear: 30%
- Fiord’s Legacy: 15%
- Ring of the Wild Hunt: 15% in combat, 45% out of combat
- Hasty Craft CP Passive: 2%-4%
- Celerity Craft CP Slottable: 2%-10%
- Steed’s Blessing Craft CP Slottable: Up to 20% Movement Speed when out of combat
- Swift Jewelry Trait: 7%(Gold)
- Concealed Weapon: 15%(Nightblade only)
Champion Points for Gold Farming Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
- Slottable: Deadly Aim, Master-at-Arms, Fighting Finesse, Reaving Blows
- Passive: Tireless Discipline, Piercing, Battle Mastery, Mighty, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Precision, Blessed, Eldritch Insight
- Slottable: Bloody Renewal, Strategic Reserve, Rejuvenation, Boundless Vitality
- Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance
- Slottable: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Plentiful Harvest
- Passive: Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment, Treasure Hunter(Slottable, required for path)
Consumables for Gold Farming Build
We are using Bewitched Sugar Skulls or Logfin Pasty with Melon Sause as Food and Essence of Weapon Power as Potions.
Info for Gold Farming Build
Several important info for the ESO Gold Farming Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Stamina
The Steed for better Speed
What Race is best for Gold Farming Build
Orc is the best option for the Build, thanks to the Swift Warrior Passive.
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is required
Combat Rotation for Gold Farming Build
If you wish to use Runner as it is in PVE gameplay, this is the rotation you can follow:
Buff yourself with Bull Netch and Lotus Blossom, Drink a Potion, attack with Endless Hail, Poison Injection, Subterranean Assault, Fetcher Infection, Wrecking Blow x5-6, Subterranean Assault, switch bars. Continue with Endless Hail, Poison Injection, Bull Netch, Lotus Blossom(If necessary), switch bars and continue. Once the enemy’s Health drops below 25% start using Reverse Slice. Use your Ultimates when ready and always Light Attack before every skill to boost damage.
- Best Class Guide
- Best Solo Class Guide
- Race Guide
- ESO How to Make Gold
- New Player Beginner Guide
- ESO Leveling Guide
- Undaunted Pledges Guide
- Transmute Crystals Guide
- Champion Points Guide
- ESO Daily Routine
- Best Addons Guide
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.