Magicka Arcanist Beginner
Welcome to my Magicka Arcanist Beginner Build for ESO! The Build is designed for c160 and beyond and will help you level up but also farm better Armor Sets. You can use it to clear PVE content Solo or with a group! The Arcanist is a Class of Eldritch Horror, that relies on Magic Damage and the Crux system to destroy its enemies!
The Build is focusing on c160 and above simply because that is when having a proper build matters! Before you reach c160 all you have to worry about is leveling up and unlocking as many skill lines and skills as possible. c160 is also the gear cap in ESO, so after you hit that level every Set piece you drop is good to use forever! Here is a list of a few beginner guides that will help you level up faster and more efficiently as a Magicka Arcanist:
- New Player Beginner Guide
- Arcanist Beginner Guide
- Arcanist Class Skills
- ESO Race Guide
- ESO Leveling Guide
- Best XP Grind Spots
- Best Beginner Sets
- Undaunted Pledges Guide
- Champion Points Guide
Table of Contents
Magicka Arcanist Beginner Build Setup
The core of the Build is two Crafted 5-piece Sets that you can get easily from other players or even craft yourself! You can have the Sets ready and use them as soon as you reach c160! To complement the Build we are using Jewelry from the Willpower Set. Order’s Wrath is a great upgrade to Law of Julianos!
|Head||Armor of the Seducer/Ilambris||Light/Heavy||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Shoulders||Armor of the Seducer/Ilambris||Light/Medium||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Hands||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Legs||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max.Magicka|
|Chest||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Waist||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Necklace||Willpower/Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Willpower/Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Lightning/Flame||Precise||Absorb Magicka|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Flame/Lightning||Infused||Weapon Damage|
Armor Sets for Magicka Arcanist Beginner Build
- Law of Julianos: Wrothgar – Crafted(Orsinium DLC required)
- Armor of the Seducer: Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan – Crafted
- Willpower: Random Daily Dungeon Reward, Imperial City(Imperial City DLC required)
- Ilambris: Veteran Crypt of Hearts 1, Glirion the Redbeard
- Order’s Wrath: High Isle, Crafted
Skills for Magicka Arcanist Beginner Build
The following skills are strong against single targets and groups of enemies in PVE! They will also help you practice your Light Attack Weaving!
|Writhing Runeblades||Tentacular Dread||Elemental Drain||Barbed Trap||Inspired Scholarship||Flawless Dawnbreaker|
|Unstable Wall of Elements||Fulminating Rune||Reconstructive Domain||Runeguard of Freedom||Spell Symmetry||The Tide King’s Gaze|
- Writhing Runeblades(Runeblades): Spammable that generates Crux.
- Tentacular Dread(Abyssal Impact): Consumes Crux and debuffs enemies with Abyssal Ink.
- Elemental Drain(Weakness to Elements): Debuffs enemies and helps with sustain.
- Barbed Trap(Trap Beast): Very good DOT damage and a boost to Critical Damage.
- Inspired Scholarship(Tome-Bearer’s Inspiration): Deals damage and buffs you.
- Flawless Dawnbreaker(Dawnbreaker): Deals damage but also buffs you actively and passively.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): Great AOE damage skill.
- Fulminating Rune(The Imperfect Ring): Strong DoT ability that also provides a synergy.
- Reconstructive Domain(Arcanist’s Domain): Valuable AOE, Healing Over Time, that also buffs you!
- Runeguard of Freedom(Runic Defense): Defensive skill that also heals you.
- Spell Symmetry(Equilibrium): Restores Magicka.
- The Tide King’s Gaze(The Unblinking Eye): Powerful Ultimate.
Passive Skills for Magicka Arcanist Beginner Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Magicka Arcanist Beginner Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Fighters Guild Passives: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Magicka Arcanist Beginner Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup(c160) for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
- Eldritch Insight: 10
- Quick Recovery: 10
- Tireless Discipline: 10
- Piercing: 10
- Presicion: 14
- Gilded Fingers: 18
- Fortune’s Favor: 10
- Wanderer: 15
- Steadfast Enchantment: 10
- Sprinter: 10
- Hasty: 8
- Hero’s Vigor: 10
- Siphoning Spells(Slottable): 10
- Rejuvenation(Slottable): 15
Consumables for Magarc Beginner Build
We are using Witchmother’s Potent Brew and Essence of Magicka as Potions.
Info for Magicka Arcanist Beginner Build
Several important info for the Magicka Arcanist Beginner Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka.
The Lover to boost Penetration or the Thief to boost Critical Chance.
What Race is best for Magicka Arcanist Beginner Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Khajiit – Breton is the best Race for a Magicka Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for Magicka Arcanist Beginner Build
This is a dynamic rotation, relying on your spammable to deal damage while refreshing your other abilities when necessary! Apply Elemental Drain and buff yourself with Inspired Scholarship, Runeguard of Freedom. Place Barbed Trap and Reconstructive Domain. Attack with Unstable Wall of Elements, Fulminating Rune. Switch bars, apply Abyssal Ink with Tentacular Dread and attack with Writhing Runeblades. Keep attacking with Writhing Runeblades as your spammable and refresh the other abilities when necessary. Restore Magicka with Spell Symmetry, use your Ultimate when ready and always Light Attack before skills to boost your DPS!
- ESO Magicka Arcanist DPS PVE Build
- ESO Magicka Arcanist Solo PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Arcanist DPS PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Arcanist Solo PVE Build
- Magicka Arcanist PVE Build
- ESO Arcanist Tank Build
- ESO Arcanist Healer Build
- ESO Magicka Arcanist PVP Build
- ESO Stamina Arcanist PVP Build
- ESO Stamina Arcanist 2H DPS PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Arcanist Hybrid DPS Build
- Stamina Arcanist Bow DPS Build
- One Bar Stamina Arcanist DPS Build
- One Bar Magicka Arcanist DPS Build
- One Bar Stamina Arcanist Solo Build
- One Bar Magicka Arcanist Solo Build
- Arcanist Magic DPS Build
- Vampire Arcanist DPS Build
- Stamina Arcanist Beginner Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.