Magicka Warden Beginner
Welcome to my Magicka Warden Beginner Build for ESO! The Build is designed for c160 and beyond and will help you level up but also farm better Armor Sets. You can use it to clear PVE content Solo or with a group! Thanks to its great sustain, you will never have to worry about resources. As you level up and unlock better gear you can upgrade to a stronger DPS or Solo Magicka Warden Build. The best option if you like Frost damage spells!
The Build is focusing on c160 and above simply because that is when having a proper build matters! Before you reach c160 all you have to worry about is leveling up and unlocking as many skill lines and skills as possible. c160 is also the gear cap in ESO, so after you hit that level every Set piece you drop is good to use forever! Here is a list of a few beginner guides that will help you level up faster and more efficiently as a Magicka Warden:
- New Player Beginner Guide
- Warden Beginner Guide
- Warden Class Skills
- ESO Race Guide
- ESO Leveling Guide
- Best XP Grind Spots
- Best Beginner Sets
- Undaunted Pledges Guide
- Champion Points Guide
Table of Contents
Magicka Warden Beginner Build Setup
The core of the Build is two Crafted 5-piece Sets that you can get easily from other players or even craft yourself! You can have the Sets ready and use them as soon as you reach c160! To complement the Build we are using Jewelry from the Willpower Set. Order’s Wrath is a great upgrade to Law of Julianos!
|Head||Armor of the Seducer/Ilambris||Light/Heavy||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Shoulders||Armor of the Seducer/Ilambris||Light/Medium||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Hands||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Legs||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max.Magicka|
|Chest||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Waist||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Necklace||Willpower/Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Willpower/Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Flame/Frost||Precise||Absorb Magicka|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Frost||Infused||Weapon Damage|
Epic(purple) quality is more than enough for the Build. Your first goal is to farm a Monster Set to wear and replace Willpower Jewelry with Armor of the Seducer! Ilambris is a great option. Iceheart is good as well, especially if you want a more Frost Damage based Build!
Armor Sets for Magicka Warden Beginner Build
- Law of Julianos: Wrothgar – Crafted(Orsinium DLC required)
- Armor of the Seducer: Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan – Crafted
- Willpower: Random Daily Dungeon Reward, Imperial City(Imperial City DLC required)
- Ilambris: Veteran Crypt of Hearts 1, Glirion the Redbeard
- Iceheart: Veteran Direfrost Keep, Glirion the Redbeard
- Order’s Wrath: High Isle, Crafted
Skills for Magicka Warden Beginner Build
The following skills are strong against single targets and groups of enemies in PVE! They will also help you practice your Light Attack Weaving!
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Force Pulse/Frost Reach||Winter's Revenge|
|Skill 2||Fetcher Infection||Unstable Wall of Elements|
|Skill 3||Deep Fissure||Blue Betty|
|Skill 4||Harness Magicka||Barbed Trap|
|Skill 5||Bird of Prey||Lotus Blossom|
|Ultimate Skill||Wild Guardian||Wild Guardian|
- Force Pulse(Force Shock): Spammable. You can use Frost Reach(Destructive Touch) for a Frost damage Build.
- Fetcher Infection(Swarm): Great damage DOT skill.
- Deep Fissure(Scorch): Strong AOE damage skill that debuffs enemies.
- Harness Magicka(Annulment): Shield ability.
- Bird of Prey(Falcon’s Swiftness): Slotted for its passive boost to damage.
- Wild Guardian(Feral Guardian): Powerful Ultimate.
- Winter’s Revenge(Impaling Shards): Strong Frost AOE-DOT skill.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): Another great AOE skill.
- Blue Betty(Betty Netch): Very important self-buff. Increases damage and restores Magicka.
- Barbed Trap(Trap Beast): Additional DOT damage but we are mainly using it for the boost to our Critical Damage.
- Lotus Blossom(Lotus Flower): Powerful passive healing.
Other skills you can use include Elemental Drain(Weakness to Elements), Ice Fortress(Frost Cloak), Spell Symmetry(Equilibrium).
Passive Skills for Magicka Warden Beginner Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Magicka Warden Beginner Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Fighters Guild Passives: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Magicka Warden Beginner Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup(c160) for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
- Eldritch Insight: 10
- Quick Recovery: 10
- Tireless Discipline: 10
- Piercing: 10
- Presicion: 14
- Gilded Fingers: 18
- Fortune’s Favor: 10
- Wanderer: 15
- Steadfast Enchantment: 10
- Sprinter: 10
- Hasty: 8
- Hero’s Vigor: 10
- Siphoning Spells(Slottable): 10
- Rejuvenation(Slottable): 15
Consumables for Magden Beginner Build
We are using Witchmother’s Potent Brew and Essence of Magicka as Potions.
Info for Magicka Warden Beginner Build
Several important info for the Magicka Warden Beginner Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka.
The Lover to boost Penetration or the Thief to boost Critical Chance.
What Race is best for Magicka Warden Beginner Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Khajiit – Breton is the best Race for a Magicka Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for Magicka Warden Beginner Build
Buff yourself with Blue Betty, Lotus Blossom and set your Barbed Trap. Attack with Winter’s Revenge, Unstable Wall of Elements and switch bars. Continue with Fetcher Infection, Deep Fissure, Force Pulse/Frost Reach as your spammable. Keep attacking with Force Pulse/Frost Reach and re cast the other skills when necessary. Use Harness Magicka to protect yourself, your Ultimate when ready and always Light Attack before every skill/action to boost damage!!
- ESO Arcanist Builds
- ESO Sorcerer Builds
- ESO Magicka Sorcerer DPS PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Sorcerer DPS PVE Build
- ESO Magicka Sorcerer Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Sorcerer Solo Build
- ESO One Bar Magicka Sorcerer Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Sorcerer PVP Build
- ESO Stamina Sorcerer PVP Build
- ESO Sorcerer Tank Build
- ESO Sorcerer Healer Build
- ESO 2H Stamina Sorcerer DPS PVE Build
- ESO Nightblade Builds
- ESO Thief Build
- ESO Magicka Nightblade DPS PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Nightblade DPS PVE Build
- ESO Magicka Nightblade Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Nightblade Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Nightblade PVP Build
- ESO Stamina Nightblade PVP Build
- ESO Nightblade Tank Build
- ESO Nightblade Healer Build
- ESO 2H Stamina Nightblade DPS PVE Build
- ESO Dragonknight Builds
- ESO Magicka Dragonknight DPS PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Dragonknight DPS PVE Build
- ESO Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Dragonknight Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Dragonknight PVP Build
- ESO Stamina Dragonknight PVP Build
- ESO Dragonknight Tank Build
- ESO Dragonknight Healer Build
- ESO 2H Stamina Dragonknight DPS PVE Build
- ESO Warden Builds
- ESO Templar Builds
- ESO Necromancer Builds
- ESO Magicka Necromancer DPS PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Necromancer DPS PVE Build
- ESO Magicka Necromancer Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Necromancer Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Necromancer PVP Build
- ESO Stamina Necromancer PVP Build
- ESO Necromancer Tank Build
- ESO Necromancer Healer Build
- ESO 2H Stamina Necromancer DPS PVE Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.