Magicka Templar Solo
Welcome to my Ultimate Magicka Templar Solo PVE Build for ESO. The Build is designed for players that prefer to play Solo, challenging themselves in any type of PVE content. You can use it to defeat Overworld Bosses, farm Public Dungeons, complete 4-man Dungeons in Normal or Veteran Difficulty and Solo Arenas like Maelstrom Arena and Vateshran Hollows.
Thanks to the Templar’s unique skills, the build offers great survivability with several tools that can help you heal yourself and destroy your enemies. If you are a new player, you can take a look at my Templar Beginner Guide. For an all around Magicka Templar PVE Build take a look at Holy Fire. You can find more Builds in the Templar Builds page.
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Builds
Magicka Templar Solo Build Setup
The following Build will help you complete almost every Solo activity in The Elder Scrolls Online! From the easiest Overland content to Solo Arenas and 4-man Dungeons alone! You can use the Law of Julianos set for a starter, more beginner approach, or the (Perfect)False God’s Devotion for better sustain. The Ring of the Pale Order is a great Mythic Item you can use for better healing. Mother Ciannait is a good alternative for Templars as well!
|Shoulders||Pillar of Nirn||Medium||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Hands||Order's Wrath||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Chest||Order's Wrath||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Waist||Order's Wrath||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||Order's Wrath||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Necklace||Pillar of Nirn||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Pillar of Nirn||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Ring of the Pale Order||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage|
|Staff||Pillar of Nirn||Lightning||Precise||Shock Damage|
|Staff||Pillar of Nirn/(Perfected)Crushing Wall||Flame/Lightning||Infused||Weapon Damage|
An effective setup that will help you play as a Magicka Templar Solo early in the game!
|Hands||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Legs||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max.Magicka|
|Chest||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Waist||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Necklace||Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Mag. Recovery/Spell Damage|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Mag. Recovery/Spell Damage|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Mag. Recovery/Spell Damage|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Flame/Lightning||Precise||Flame/Shock Damage|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Flame/Lightning||Infused||Weapon Damage|
Armor Sets for Magicka Templar Solo Build
- Iceheart: Veteran Direfrost Keep, Glirion the Redbeard
- Slimecraw: Veteran Wayrest Sewers I, Maj Al-Ragath
- Order’s Wrath: High Isle, Crafted
- Pillar of Nirn: Falkreath Hold Dungeon
- (Perfect)False God’s Devotion: Elsweyr, (Veteran)Sunspire Trial
- (Perfected)Crushing Wall: (Veteran)Maelstrom Arena
- Ring of the Pale Order: Antiquities Reward
- Mother Ciannait: Icereach Dungeon, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- Ilambris: Vet. Crypt of Hearts I, Glirion the Redbeard
- Law of Julianos: Wrothgar – Crafted
- Armor of the Seducer: Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan – Crafted
Skills for Magicka Templar Solo Build
The following Skills will help you complete every Solo activity with success!
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Puncturing Sweep/Crushing Shock||Mystic Orb|
|Skill 2||Blazing Spear||Unstable Wall of Elements|
|Skill 3||Radiant Oppression||Ritual of Retribution|
|Skill 4||Harness Magicka||Honor the Dead|
|Skill 5||Barbed Trap||Spell Symmetry/Elemental Drain|
|Ultimate Skill||Flawless Dawnbreaker||Crescent Sweep|
- Puncturing Sweep(Puncturing Strikes): Main offensive skill and spammable. Can replace it with Crushing Shock(Force Shock) for a more ranged setup.
- Blazing Spear(Spear Shards): Strong damage AOE skill.
- Radiant Oppression(Radiant Destruction): Your Execute ability. Start using it once the enemy’s health drops below 25%.
- Harness Magicka(Annulment): Your shield/survival skill that can also help you restore magicka.
- Barbed Trap(Trap Beast): Very good DOT damage and a boost to Critical Damage.
- Flawless Dawnbreaker(Dawnbreaker): Boosts overall Damage.
- Mystic Orb(Necrotic Orb): Strong AOE Magic Damage skill. Degeneration(Entropy) as an alternative.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): Great AOE damage skill.
- Ritual of Retribution(Cleansing Ritual): Very important AOE skill that is constantly damaging enemies.
- Honor the Dead(Rushed Ceremony): Your main Heal ability that also helps with Magicka sustain.
- Spell Symmetry(Equilibrium): Important skill to restore Magicka. Can replace with Elemental Drain(Weekness to Elements).
- Crescent Sweep(Radial Sweep): Main Ultimate.
Passive Skills for Magicka Templar Solo Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Magicka Templar Solo Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- All Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Magicka Templar Solo Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
- Slottable Stars: Deadly Aim, Master-at-Arms, Biting Aura/Wrathful Strikes, Reaving Blows/Fighting Finesse
- Passive: Eldritch Insight, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Precision, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Blessed, Tireless Discipline
- Slottable Stars: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Steed’s Blessing
- Passive: Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment, Treasure Hunter(slottable, required for path)
- Slottable Stars: Siphoning Spells/Celerity, Rejuvenation, Boundless Vitality, Fortified
- Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance
Consumables for Magicka Templar Solo Build
We are using Clockwork Citrus Filet/Witchmother’s Potent Brew and Essence of Spell Power as Potions.
Info for Magicka Templar Solo Build
Several important info for the Magicka Templar Solo Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka.
The Lover for better Spell Penetration.
What Race is Best for Magicka Templar Solo Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Breton is the Best Race for a Templar Solo Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for Magicka Templar Solo Build
Before you start your attack use Harness Magicka and set Barbed Trap. Attack with Mystic Orb, Unstable Wall of Elements, place Ritual of Retribution. Switch bars and continue with Blazing Spear, Puncturing Sweep until you have to re apply your other skills. Use Radiant Oppression to execute low health enemies, Harness Magicka to shield yourself, Spell Symmetry to restore Magicka and Honor the Dead to heal. Use your Ultimates when ready and light Attack before skills to boost damage.
- ESO Magicka Arcanist Solo PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Arcanist Solo PVE Build
- ESO Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Dragonknight Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Necromancer Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Necromancer Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Nightblade Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Nightblade Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Sorcerer Solo Build
- ESO One Bar Magicka Sorcerer Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Sorcerer Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Templar Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Templar Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Warden Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Warden Solo Build
- ESO Werewolf Solo Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.