Magden PVP Build
Master of Time is a crowd control, group support Magden PVP build in ESO, balanced around Battlegrounds and in general group vs group gameplay. The Build is focusing on Frost Damage and Crowd Control Abilities to slow down enemies and protect your group.
If you are a new player, you can take a look at my Warden Beginner Guide. For a different approach to Magicka Warden PVP you can take a look at Frozen.
You can find more Builds in the Warden Builds page.
Table of Contents
Magden PVP Build Setup
The Build is designed to crowd control and immobilize enemies, helping your team to kill them! A great group based Magicka Warden PVP Build for Battlegrounds and Open World PVP.
|Head||Iceheart||Medium||Impenetrable||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Legs||Shacklebreaker||Light||Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Chest||Shacklebreaker||Heavy||Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Necklace||Dark Convergence||Jewel||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Dark Convergence||Jewel||Infused||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Dark Convergence||Jewel||Infused||Magicka Recovery|
|Staff||Dark Convergence||Flame||Sharpened||Escapist's Poison IX|
|Staff||Dark Convergence||Frost||Defending||Drain Health Poison IX|
Armor Sets for Magden PVP Build
- Iceheart: Veteran Direfrost Keep, Glirion the Redbeard
- Shacklebreaker: Vvardenfell, Crafted
- Dark Convergence: PVP, Rewards for the Worthy
Skills for Magden PVP Build
The following skills will help you deal damage, survive and immobilize enemies!
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Crushing Shock||Winter's Revenge|
|Skill 2||Fetcher Infection||Unstable Wall of Elements|
|Skill 3||Deep Fissure||Blue Betty|
|Skill 4||Arctic Blast||Ice Fortress|
|Skill 5||Inner Light||Lotus Blossom|
|Ultimate Skill||Ice Comet||Permafrost|
- Crushing Shock(Force Shock): Your main offensive skill . Deals great damage and can interrupt enemies.
- Fetcher Infection(Swarm): Great damage DOT skill.
- Deep Fissure(Scorch): Great damage skill against slowed/immobilized enemies that also applies Major Breach to everyone in an area.
- Arctic Blast(Arctic Wind): Self-heal ability that also deals AOE frost damage and stuns enemies.
- Inner Light(Magelight): Only placed here to boost Magicka and Spell Critical Rating. No need to use it.
- Ice Comet(Meteor): One of the Build’s Ultimates. Deals good damage and can immobilize enemies.
- Winter’s Revenge(Impaling Shards): One of our two crowd control frost damage abilities. We use it to further immobilize our enemies.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): Our other frost AOE skill. Good damage and CC capabilities.
- Blue Betty(Betty Netch): Very important self-buff. Increases spell damage and restores Magicka.
- Ice Fortress(Frost Cloak): Great self and group buff that increases resistances and reduces incoming damage.
- Lotus Blossom(Lotus Flower): Very helpful skill for its passive self-heal and boost to Spell Critical.
- Permafrost(Sleet Storm): Our second Ultimate, great against multiple enemies. Deals damage and protects our group.
Passive Skills for Magden PVP Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Magicka Warden PVP Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Magden PVP Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
Slottable: Deadly Aim, Master-at-Arms/Thaumaturge, Wrathful Strikes/Biting Aura, Ironclad
Passive: Eldritch Insight, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Precision, Blessed, Tireless Discipline
Slottable: Boundless Vitality, Rejuvenation, Juggernaut, Fortified
Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance, Piercing Gaze
Slottable: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Steed’s Blessing
Passive: Out of Sight, Fleet Phantom, Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment
Consumables for Magden PVP Build
We are using Clockwork Citrus Filet as food and Essence of Immovability as Potions.
Escapist’s Poison IX and Drain Health Poison IX as Poisons.
For Potions and Poisons Recipes you can take a look at my Alchemy Guide!
Info for Magden PVP Build
Several important info for the Magicka Warden PVP Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka.
The Apprentice for better Spell Damage or the Atronach for better Magicka Recovery.
What Race is Best for Magden PVP Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Breton is the best Race for a Warden PVP Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for Magden PVP Build
Buff yourself with Blue Betty, Ice Fortress and Lotus Blossom. Always keep your buffs up for sustain and maximum protection. Attack with Winter’s Revenge, Unstable Wall of Elements, Deep Fissure, Fetcher Infection and finish your target with Crushing Shock.
Heal and Damage with Arctic Blast. Use your Ultimates when ready and always Light Attack before skills!
FAQ – Magden PVP Build
The Warden is a strong and flexible Class for PVP in ESO, with access to several support skills! Stamina Wardens are powerful Burst Damage dealers in PVP, while Magicka Wardens can deal Frost Damage, Heal and Crowd Control enemies! To learn more about ESO Classes in PVP, you can read this ESO Best PVP Class Guide!
More Warden Builds
- Ice Queen – Magicka Warden PVE Build
- Force of Nature – Stamina Warden PVE Build
- Claymore – 2H Stamina Warden PVE Build
- Magicka Warden Solo PVE Build
- Stamina Warden Solo PVE Build
- Frozen – Magicka Warden PVP Build
- Destroyer – Stamina Warden PVP Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.