Best Overland Sets
The Top 10 Best Overland Sets to farm for Gold as a Solo Player in ESO! Which are the best Overland Sets you can farm and sell for gold in ESO and where to find them. Every zone in ESO has three Overland Sets that can drop from various activities. This type of Armor Sets is easy to farm Solo but some of the zones will require specific DLC before you can access them. For more ways to make Gold you can take a look at my How to Make Gold as a Solo Player in ESO guide.
Table of Contents
- Where to Farm Overland Sets in ESO
- Best Overland Sets to Farm
- More Overland Sets
- Improving & Selling Overland Sets
- More Guides to Read
Where to Farm Overland Sets in ESO
You can get pieces from Overland Sets by completing specific activities in every zone. When in the right zone, head to the appropriate area and defeat the right enemy in order to drop the piece you are after. This is where you can find each piece for Overland Armor Sets in ESO:
- Delve Bosses have a chance to drop a Waist or Feet piece from Sets in the zone.
- Public Dungeon Bosses have a chance to drop a Shoulders, Hand or Weapon piece from Sets in the zone.
- Overland Bosses will always drop a Head, Chest, Legs or Weapon piece from Sets in the zone.
- Dolmen and Other World Events Chests will always drop a Ring or Necklace piece from Sets in the zone. In zones without Dolmens or other World Events, you can get Rings and Necklaces from Treasure Chest and Psijic Portals!
- Treasure Chests & Psijic Portals have a chance to drop any piece from Sets in the zone. These are valuable since chests are the only way to get Jewelry for some Overland Sets.
Best Overland Sets to Farm for Gold in ESO
These are the most popular and valuable Overland Sets you can farm in ESO. By selling them to other players(directly or via Guild Traders) you can make a lot of Gold!
1. Back-Alley Gourmand
Back-Alley Gourmand is very similar to one of the Best Sets in the game, Order’s Wrath and that makes it really valuable! It boosts your Critical Chance, Damage, Critical Damage and Healing, which makes it an excellent Set to use for almost every Build and activity! A Light Armor Set that drops in the Galen zone. To access the zone, the Firesong DLC is necessary.
2. Shadow of the Red Mountain
Shadow of the Red Mountain is a fun and effective Medium Armor Set. When you deal damage with a Weapon it spawns a Volcano that fires hot lava to enemies, dealing extra Fire damage! Great set to combine Physical and Elemental damage. You can drop its pieces in the Stonefalls zone, available with the Base Game!
3. Way of Fire
Another Physical focused Set that deals extra Fire Damage to enemies. Way of Fire is a Heavy Set that deals Fire damage when you deal damage with a Weapon. You can farm its pieces in the Craglorn zone, which is available with the Base Game. Craglorn Overland difficulty is designed for groups of players but a Solo player with a strong Build will not have a problem to clear most content and farm the Set.
4. Armor of the Trainee
An excellent 3-piece Set that can assist New Players but also complement stronger Builds! Armor of the Trainee boosts your Attributes and can drop in the Starter Zones of Khenarthi’s Roost, Stros M’kai, Betnikh, Bleakrock Isle, Bal Foyen. You can visit all zones with just the Base Game.
Briarheart is a strong Medium Armor Sets that boosts your Damage and heals you when dealing Critical Damage. A great option for Solo Gameplay that drops in the Wrothgar zone. The Orsinium DLC is necessary to access the zone.
6. Hexos’ Ward
Another Overland Set that is focusing on survivability. Hexos’ Ward grants you a Damage Shield when you deal Critical Damage. Its pieces drop in The Deadlands zone. To access the zone the Deadlands DLC is necessary.
7. Way of Martial Knowledge
Way of Martial Knowledge is a Light Armor Set that boosts your damage when you are low on Stamina. Another Overland Set you can farm in the Craglorn zone, available with the Base Game.
8. Robes of the Hist
Robes of the Hist heal you when you are hit by a disabling effect, immobilization or snare. This effect makes the set excellent for PVP Gameplay but also Solo PVE. You can farm its pieces in the Shadowfen zone, available with the Base Game.
9. Swamp Raider
Another Overland Set you can farm in the Shadowfen zone! Swamp Raider boosts the damage of your Poison and Disease Abilities, which makes it a great set to use in Poison, Disease based PVE Builds or PVP Builds. No DLC is required to access the zone and farm the Set.
10. Gryphon’s Ferocity
Gryphon’s Ferocity buffs you with Minor Force and Minor Expedition when dealing direct damage. A nice option to deal with enemies but also move faster when exploring new areas. You can farm the Set in the Summerset zone. The Summerset DLC is necessary to access the zone.
More Overland Sets you can Farm for Gold in ESO
The above Armor Sets may be the most popular and easy to sell but they are not the only that can fetch a high price! Here is a list of a few more Overland Sets you can farm that can help you make Gold in ESO:
- Bahraha’s Curse, Hew’s Bane Zone(Thieves Guild DLC)
- Defiler, Vvardenfell Zone(Morrowind DLC)
- War Maiden, Vvardenfell Zone(Morrowind DLC)
- Mother’s Sorrow, Deshaan Zone(Base Game)
- Necropotence, Rivenspire(Base Game)
- Mark of the Pariah, Wrothgar Zone(Orsinium DLC)
- Spinner’s Garments, Malabal Tor Zone(Base Game)
- Frostbite, Blackwood Zone(Blackwood DLC)
- Spriggan’s Thorns, Bangkorai Zone(Base Game)
- Venomous Smite, Western Skyrim Zone(Greymoor DLC)
- Bright-Throat’s Boast, Murkmire Zone(Murkmire DLC)
- Witch-Knight’s Defiance, The Reach Zone(Markarth DLC)
- Eternal Vigor, Western Skyrim Zone(Greymoor DLC)
Improving & Selling Overland Sets for Gold in ESO
You can sell the items in the quality you get them but you can earn more gold if you improve them. If you have the required mats already or can afford to improve them you can maximize your profit. However, the better the quality and higher the price of an item, the longer it might take to sell.
More Guides to Read
- Best Class Guide
- Best Solo Class Guide
- Race Guide
- ESO PVE Build Guide
- Beginner Guide & Tips
- ESO How to Make Gold
- Undaunted Pledges Guide
- ESO Leveling Guide
- Transmute Crystals Guide
- ESO PVP Build Guide
- Champion Points Guide
- ESO Daily Routine
- Best Addons Guide
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.