ESO Poison DPS Build
A Poison based DPS PVE Build for ESO! The Build is using a combination of various Status effects to achieve good damage but is focusing on Poison damage skills and Armor Sets to create a fun gameplay! “Toxin” is designed to complete both Solo and Group PVE content, as it is! Our Class of choice is the Stamina Dragonknight because of the strong Poison active and passive skills it has.
For more Elemental and Status Effects Builds you can take a look at ESO Elemental Builds!
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Elemental Builds
ESO Poison DPS Build Setup
The Build is focusing on Poison damage based effects, Sets and skills to deal the best damage possible in Solo and Group gameplay!
|Hands||Venomous Smite||Medium||Divines||Max. Stamina|
|Legs||Venomous Smite||Medium||Divines||Max. Stamina|
|Chest||Venomous Smite||Medium||Divines||Max. Stamina|
|Waist||Venomous Smite||Medium||Divines||Max. Stamina|
|Feet||Venomous Smite||Medium||Divines||Max. Stamina|
|Necklace||Scavenging Demise||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Weapon Damage|
|Ring||Scavenging Demise||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Weapon Damage|
|Ring||Scavenging Demise||Jewel||Infused||Stamina Recovery|
|One Hand Weapon||Scavenging Demise||Dagger||Precise||Poison|
|One Hand Weapon||Scavenging Demise||Dagger||Charged||Fire|
|Two Handed Weapon||(Perfected)Merciless Charge/Scavenging Demise||Greatsword||Infused||Weapon Damage|
Armor Sets for ESO Poison DPS Build
- Velidreth: Veteran Cradle of Shadows, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- Venomous Smite: Western Skyrim, Overland
- Scavenging Demise: Depths of Malatar Dungeon
- (Perfected)Merciless Charge: (Veteran) Maelstrom Arena
Skills for ESO Poison DPS Build
The following Skills will help you achieve great DPS for Group content. There are also alternative skills for Solo Gameplay.
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Venomous Claw||Stampede|
|Skill 2||Rapid Strikes||Carve|
|Skill 3||Noxious Breath||Barbed Trap|
|Skill 4||Deadly Cloak||Hardened Armor|
|Skill 5||Camouflaged Hunter||Cauterize|
|Ultimate Skill||Flawless Dawnbreaker||Standard of Might|
- Venomous Claw(Searing Strike): Great poison DOT and direct damage skill.
- Rapid Strikes(Flurry): Powerful spammable.
- Noxious Breath(Fiery Breath): It debuffs the enemy and deals great poison direct and DOT damage.
- Deadly Cloak(Blade Cloak): Deals damage and Buffs.
- Camouflaged Hunter(Expert Hunter): Slotted for the Passives.
- Flawless Dawnbreaker(Dawnbreaker): Our secondary Ultimate. It buffs our weapon damage and deals great direct and DOT damage.
- Stampede(Critical Charge): Powerful AOE damage skill.
- Carve(Cleave): Great Bleed damage skill that applies a shield.
- Barbed Trap(Trap Beast): Very good DOT damage and a boost to our Critical Damage.
- Hardened Armor(Spiked Armor): Boosts defense and provides a Shield.
- Cauterize(Inferno): Great self heal ability.
- Standard of Might(Dragonknight Standard): Our main strong Ultimate.
If you wish to play with Bow as your Back-Bar Weapon, replace Stampede and Carve with Endless Hail(Volley) and Poison Injection(Poison Arrow). You can also add more Poison damage based skills like Acid Spray(Arrow Spray) and Lethal Arrow(Snipe).
Passive Skills for ESO Poison DPS Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Poison DPS Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Fighters Guild Passives: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for ESO Poison DPS Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
Slottable Stars: Deadly Aim, Master-at-Arms, Fighting Finesse, Backstabber
Passive: Tireless Discipline, Piercing, Battle Mastery, Mighty, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Precision, Blessed, Eldritch Insight
Slottable Stars: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Plentiful Harvest
Passive: Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment, Treasure Hunter(slottable, required for path)
Slottable Stars: Bloody Renewal, Strategic Reserve, Rejuvenation, Boundless Vitality
Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance
Consumables for ESO Poison DPS Build
We are using Artaeum Takeaway Broth as Food and Essence of Weapon Power as Potions.
Info for ESO Poison DPS Build
Several important info for the Poison DPS Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Stamina
The Thief Mundus to boost Critical Chance.
What Race is best for Poison DPS Build
Dark Elf – Orc – Khajiit is the best race for a DPS focused Build. Any Race with Stamina bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for ESO Poison DPS Build
Drink a potion, buff yourself with Hardened Armor, Cauterize, set Barbed Trap, attack with Stampede, Carve x2 and switch bars. Continue with Deadly Cloak, Noxious Breath, Venomous Claw, Rapid Strikes. Keep attacking with Rapid Strikes and re apply Stampede, Carve, Barbed Trap, Deadly Cloak, Noxious Breath, Venomous Claw, Hardened Armor and Cauterize when necessary.
Use your Ultimates when ready and always Light Attack before every skill/action to boost damage!
More Elemental Builds
- Bleed – Stamina Warden Bleed DPS Build
- Blizzard – Magicka Warden Frost DPS Build
- Electro – Magicka Sorcerer Shock DPS Build
- Pyromancer – Magicka Dragonknight Fire DPS Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.