Gold Farming – Overland Sets
This Gold Farming Guide will focus on Overland Sets. The best Overland Sets to farm and sell for profit in ESO and where to find them. Gold in The Elder Scrolls Online is very important. Knowing how to earn it fast and reliably can make all the difference and help you achieve your goals. There are several ways to earn Gold in ESO. Some require crafting or gathering while others allow you to continue adventuring.
For more Gold making ways you can take a look at my How to Make Gold guide.
Table of Contents
- Where to Go for Gold Farming in ESO
- Best Overland Sets to Farm
- More Overland Sets
- Improving & Selling
- More Guides to Read
Where to go for Gold Farming in ESO
You can get pieces from Overland Sets by defeating specific types of enemies. When in the appropriate zone, defeat the right Boss to receive the piece you are after. This is where you can find various pieces for Overland Armor Sets.
- Delve Bosses have a chance to drop a Waist or Feet piece from Sets in the area.
- Public Dungeon Bosses have a chance to drop a Shoulders, Hand or Weapon piece from Sets in the area.
- Overland Bosses will always drop a Head, Chest, Legs or Weapon piece from Sets in the area.
- Dolmen and Other World Events Chests will always drop a Ring or Necklace piece from Sets in the area.
- Treasure Chests & Psijic Portals have a chance to drop any piece from Sets in the area. These are valuable since chests are the only way to get Jewelry for some Overland Sets.
Best Overland Sets to Farm for Gold in ESO
These are the most popular, sought-after Overland Sets to farm.
Location: Wrothgar, Orsinium DLC required.
Location: Malabal Tor
Spinner’s Garments is a strong Magicka DPS Set for PVP mostly Builds that can also be used in PVE. Inferno staff is a valuable piece to farm and sell.
Location: Vvardenfell, Morrowind DLC required
War Maiden is a Magicka DPS Set used in PVP or PVE Builds for Magic damage based characters. Inferno Staff and Jewelry are very valuable.
Stygian is an offensive set that can be an asset for Gank/Stealth PVP Builds. Jewelry pieces are quite valuable.
Location: Murkmire, Murkmire DLC required.
Bright-Throat’s Boast is a Magicka sustain Set for PVE & PVP Builds. Inferno staff and Jewelry can fetch a high price. Jewelry can be farmed only from treasure chests.
Location: Hew’s Bane, Thieves Guild DLC required.
Bahraha’s Curse is a good option for PVP Builds with pieces that can fetch a high price.
Location: Western Skyrim, Greymoor DLC required.
Eternal Vigor is another good set for PVP Builds that sells well.
Mark of the Pariah
Location: Wrothgar, Orsinium DLC required.
Mark of the Pariah is a heavy Armor Set that boosts defense. Mostly used in PVP Builds but can help in PVE as well.
Armor of the Trainee
Location: Starter Areas – Khenarthi’s Roost, Stros M’kai, Betnikh, Bleakrock Isle, Bal Foyen
Armor of the Trainee is a starter set that has gained popularity because of its 3-piece set nature. You can use it to complement Builds with Mythic Items and Ability Altering Weapons for PVE and PVP. Since it is a starter Set and drops only in Starter areas(harder to get-no dolmens), is quite valuable.
More Overland Sets for Gold Farming
The above Armor Sets may be the most popular and easy to sell but they are not the only that can fetch a high price! Here is a list of a few more Overland Sets you can farm that can help you make a small fortune.
- Swamp Raider, Shadowfen, PVP – Gank
- Hexos Ward, Deadlands(Deadlands DLC), PVE
- Defiler, Vvardenfell(Morrowind DLC), PVP
- Syvarra’s Scales, Hew’s Bane(Thieves Guild DLC), PVP
- Crafty Alfiq, Northern Elsweyr(Elsweyr DLC), PVE – PVP
- Way of Martial Knowledge, Craglorn, PVP – PVE
- Spriggan’s Thorns, Bangkorai, PVP – PVE
- Necropotence, Rivenspire, PVE
- Mad Tinkerer, Clockwork City(Clockwork City DLC), PVP – PVE
- Sword-Singer, Alik’r Desert, PVE – PVP
- Plague Doctor, Deshaan, PVE
- Warrior-Poet, Vvardenfell(Morrowind DLC), PVE
Improving & Selling
You can sell the items in the quality you get them but you can earn more gold if you improve them. If you have the required mats already or can afford to improve them you can increase your profit. However the better the quality and higher the price of an item, the longer it might make to sell.
More Guides to Read
- Best Class Guide
- Best Solo Class Guide
- Race Guide
- ESO PVE Build Guide
- Beginner Guide & Tips
- ESO How to Make Gold
- Undaunted Pledges Guide
- ESO Leveling Guide
- Transmute Crystals Guide
- ESO PVP Build Guide
- Champion Points Guide
- ESO Daily Routine
- Best Addons Guide
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.