Magicka Dragonknight Solo
Welcome to my Ultimate Magicka Dragonknight Solo PVE Build for ESO! The Build is designed for players that prefer to play Solo, challenging themselves in any type of PVE content. You can use it to defeat Overworld Bosses, farm Public Dungeons, complete 4-man Dungeons in Normal or Veteran Difficulty and Solo Arenas like Maelstrom Arena and Vateshran Hollows.
If you are a new player, you can take a look at my Dragonknight Beginner Guide. For a more balanced Magicka Dragonknight PVE Build you can take a look at Fireheart. You can find more Builds in the Dragonknight Builds page.
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Builds
Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build Setup
The following Build will help you complete almost every Solo activity in The Elder Scrolls Online! From the easiest Overland content to Solo Arenas and 4-man Dungeons alone! You can use the Law of Julianos set for a starter, more beginner approach, or the (Perfect)False God’s Devotion for better sustain. The Ring of the Pale Order is a great Mythic Item you can use for better healing.
|Shoulders||Pillar of Nirn||Medium||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Hands||Order's Wrath||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Chest||Order's Wrath||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Waist||Order's Wrath||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||Order's Wrath||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Necklace||Pillar of Nirn||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Weapon/Spell Damage|
|Ring||Pillar of Nirn||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Weapon/Spell Damage|
|Ring||Ring of the Pale Order||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Weapon/Spell Damage|
|Staff||Pillar of Nirn||Flame||Precise||Flame Damage|
|Staff||Pillar of Nirn/(Perfected)Crushing Wall||Flame||Infused||Weapon Damage|
An effective setup that will help you play as a Magicka Dragonknight Solo early in the game!
|Hands||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Legs||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max.Magicka|
|Chest||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Waist||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Necklace||Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Mag. Recovery/Spell Damage|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Mag. Recovery/Spell Damage|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Mag. Recovery/Spell Damage|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Flame/Lightning||Precise||Flame/Shock Damage|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Flame/Lightning||Infused||Weapon Damage|
Armor Sets for Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build
- Zaan: Veteran Scalecaller Keep, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- Slimecraw: Veteran Wayrest Sewers I, Maj Al-Ragath
- Order’s Wrath: High Isle, Crafted
- Pillar of Nirn: Falkreath Hold Dungeon
- (Perfected)Crushing Wall: (Veteran)Maelstrom Arena
- (Perfect)False God’s Devotion: Elsweyr, (Veteran)Sunspire Trial
- Ring of the Pale Order: Antiquities Reward
- Ilambris: Vet. Crypt of Hearts I, Glirion the Redbeard
- Law of Julianos: Wrothgar – Crafted
- Armor of the Seducer: Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan – Crafted
Skills for Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build
The following Skills will help you complete every Solo activity with success!
|Flame Lash||Burning Embers||Engulfing Flames||Barbed Trap||Cauterize||Ferocious Leap|
|Eruption||Unstable Wall of Elements||Hardened Armor||Coagulating Blood||Elemental Drain||Standard of Might|
- Flame Lash(Lava Whip): Our main offensive skill that sets the enemy off balance and can heal us.
- Burning Embers(Searing Strike): Strong Flame DOT offensive skill that can also heal.
- Engulfing Flames(Fiery Breath): Another good flame DOT skill that makes enemies vulnerable to our fire damage.
- Barbed Trap(Trap Beast): Very good DOT damage and a boost to our Critical Damage.
- Cauterize(Inferno): Increases Critical and heals us.
- Ferocious Leap(Dragon Leap): One of our Ultimates. Use it to deal damage, gain a shield and restore resources.
- Eruption(Ash Cloud): Strong AOE damage skill.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): Great AOE damage skill.
- Hardened Armor(Spiked Armor): Boosts defense and provides us with a shield.
- Coagulating Blood(Dragon Blood): Our main self-heal ability.
- Elemental Drain(Weakness to Elements): A very important skill for our sustain. Debuffs the enemies and returns magicka thanks to its minor magickasteal effect.
- Standard of Might(Dragonknight Standard): Our other strong Ultimate.
Passive Skills for Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- All Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
- Slottable Stars: Deadly Aim, Master-at-Arms, Fighting Finesse, Reaving Blows
- Passive: Eldritch Insight, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Precision, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Blessed, Tireless Discipline
- Slottable Stars: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Steed’s Blessing
- Passive: Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment, Treasure Hunter(slottable, required for path)
- Slottable Stars: Siphoning Spells/Celerity, Rejuvenation, Boundless Vitality, Fortified
- Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance
Consumables for Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build
We are using Clockwork Citrus Filet/Witchmother’s Potent Brew and Essence of Weapon/Spell Power or Essence of Magicka as Potions.
Info for Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build
Several important info for the Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka.
The Lover for better Penetration.
What Race is Best for Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Breton is the Best Race for a Dragonknight Solo Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build
Activate Cauterize, Hardened Armor, drink a potion, apply Elemental Drain, set Barbed Trap and attack with Eruption, Unstable Wall of Elements. Continue with Engulfing Flames, Burning Embers, Flame Lash. Keep attacking with Flame Lash and re cast the other skills when necessary. Coagulating Blood to heal yourself. Ferocious Leap and Standard of Might to deal damage and restore resources.
- ESO Magicka Arcanist Solo PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Arcanist Solo PVE Build
- ESO Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Dragonknight Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Necromancer Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Necromancer Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Nightblade Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Nightblade Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Sorcerer Solo Build
- ESO One Bar Magicka Sorcerer Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Sorcerer Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Templar Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Templar Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Warden Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Warden Solo Build
- ESO Werewolf Solo Build
- Endless Archive MagDk Solo Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.