ESO Shock DPS Build
A Shock based DPS PVE Build for ESO! The Build is focusing on Shock damage effects, skills and Armor Sets to provide the maximum Shock damage possible and create a fun gameplay! “Electro” is designed to complete both Solo and Group PVE content, as it is! Our Class of choice is the Magicka Sorcerer because of the strong Shock damage skills it offers.
These skills when combined with more from Weapon and Guild lines, give us a strong core of Shock abilities! The Armor Sets we are using also boost the Shock damage of our skills and overall effects! If you are a new player, you can take a look at my Sorcerer Beginner Guide. You can find more Builds in the Sorcerer Builds page. For more Elemental and Status Effects Builds you can take a look at ESO Elemental Builds!
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Elemental Builds
ESO Shock DPS Build Setup
|Hands||Overwhelming Surge||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Legs||Overwhelming Surge||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Chest||Overwhelming Surge||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Waist||Overwhelming Surge||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||Overwhelming Surge||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Necklace||Auroran's Thunder||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Auroran's Thunder||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Auroran's Thunder||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage|
|Staff||Auroran's Thunder||Lightning||Precise||Shock Damage|
|Staff||(Perfected) Crushing Wall/Auroran's Thunder||Lightning||Infused||Weapon Damage|
Armor Sets for ESO Shock DPS Build
- Stormfist: Veteran Tempest Island Dungeon, Glirion the Redbeard
- Overwhelming Surge: Tempest Island Dungeon
- Auroran’s Thunder: Depths of Malatar Dungeon
- (Perfected)Crushing Wall: (Veteran) Maelstrom Arena
- Ilambris: Veteran Crypt of Hearts 1, Glirion the Redbeard
- Netch’s Touch: Darkshade Caverns 1 & 2 Dungeons
Skills for ESO Shock DPS Build
The following Skills will help you achieve great DPS for Group content but also help you in Solo Gameplay!
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Destructive Reach||Lightning Flood|
|Skill 2||Crystal Fragments||Unstable Wall of Elements|
|Skill 3||Endless Fury||Barbed Trap|
|Skill 4||Summon Volatile Familiar||Summon Volatile Familiar|
|Skill 5||Bound Aegis||Critical Surge|
|Ultimate Skill||Greater Storm Atronach||Elemental Rage|
- Destructive Reach(Destructive Touch): Shock Damage over Time ability.
- Crystal Fragments(Crystal Shard): Spammable.
- Endless Fury(Mages’ Fury): Execute Ability. Use it when enemy is below 20% Health.
- Summon Volatile Familiar(Summon Unstable Familiar): Can DPS and stun enemies with its ability.
- Bound Aegis(Bound Armor): Boosts Magicka and Defense.
- Greater Storm Atronach(Summon Storm Atronach): Our primary Ultimate. Summons another strong Pet that stuns enemies and deals shock damage.
- Lightning Flood(Lightning Splash): Shock AOE ability.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): Great AOE shock damage skill that sets concussed enemies off balance and explodes for more damage.
- Barbed Trap(Trap Beast): Additional DOT damage but we are mainly using it for the boost to our Critical Damage.
- Critical Surge(Surge): Strong Passive Healing skill that also boosts Damage.
- Elemental Rage(Elemental Storm): Secondary ultimate.
Passive Skills for ESO Shock DPS Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Shock DPS Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Fighters Guild Passives: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for ESO Shock DPS Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
- Slottable Stars: Deadly Aim, Master-at-Arms, Fighting Finesse, Backstabber/Exploiter
- Passive: Eldritch Insight, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Precision, Blessed, Tireless Discipline
- Slottable Stars: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Steed’s Blessing
- Passive: Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment, Treasure Hunter(slottable, required for path)
- Slottable Stars: Celerity, Fortified, Rejuvenation, Boundless Vitality
- Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance
Consumables for ESO Shock DPS Build
We are using Clockwork Citrus Filet and Essence of Spell Power or Essence of Magicka as Potions.
Info for ESO Shock DPS Build
Several important info for the Magsorc Shock DPS Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka
The Thief Mundus to boost Critical Chance.
What Race is best for ESO Shock DPS Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Khajiit – Breton is the best race for a DPS focused Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for ESO Shock DPS Build
Buff yourself with Critical Surge, set Barbed Trap and attack with Lightning Flood, Unstable Wall of Elements. Switch bars and continue with Summon Volatile Familiar, Destructive Reach, Crystal Fragments. Continue attacking with Crystal Fragments as your spammable and re cast the other skills when necessary. Always use Crystal Fragments when it procs.
When the enemy’s Health is below 20%, replace Crystal Fragments with Endless Fury as your spammable. Cast Crystal Fragments when it procs only! Use your Ultimates when ready and always Light Attack before skills to boost damage.
More Elemental Builds
- Arcane – Magicka Arcanist Magic DPS Build
- Bleed – Stamina Warden Bleed DPS Build
- Blizzard – Magicka Warden Frost DPS Build
- Pyromancer – Magicka Dragonknight Fire DPS Build
- Toxin – Stamina Dragonknight Poison DPS Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.