Lifegiver is a Paladin-like Templar Tank PVE Build in ESO. The Build is focusing on strong resistances and passively healing you and your group. A flexible Templar Tank Build with different setups for harder and easier group content. Lifegiver can support the healer of your group if necessary and save your team in an emergency.
If you are a new player, you can take a look at my Templar Beginner Guide. If you are looking for a Solo PVE Build for Arenas like the Maelstrom Arena and Vateshran Hollows, take a look at my Stamina Templar Solo Build.
You can find more Builds in the Templar Builds page.
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Templar Builds
Templar Tank Build Setup
Below you can find different Setups for harder but also easier group content. The Setups will help you tank Trials or Dungeons and allow you to assist Stamina or Magicka(Encratis’s Behemoth) based Groups! A few good alternative Sets you can use include Nazaray and Turning Tide.
This is a Tank setup for harder Group content.
|Hands||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|Legs||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Chest||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Waist||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|Feet||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|One Handed Weapon||Powerful Assault||Sword||Infused||Weakening|
|Off-Hand||Powerful Assault||Shield||Sturdy||Max. Stamina|
Easier Group Content
A Tank setup for easier Group content and less organized parties.
|Shoulders||Lord Warden||Heavy/Medium/Light||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|One Handed Weapon||Battalion Defender||Sword||Infused||Weakening|
|Off-Hand||Battalion Defender||Shield||Sturdy||Max. Stamina|
Armor Sets for Templar Tank Build
- Tremorscale: Veteran Volenfell, Glirion the Redbeard
- Encratis’s Behemoth: Veteran Black Drake Villa, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- Lord Warden: Veteran Imperial City Prison, Urgarlag Chief-bane
- (Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin: (Veteran)Sunspire Trial
- Powerful Assault: Imperial City, Tel Var Vendor
- Livewire: Clockwork City, Overland
- Battalion Defender: Rewards of the Worthy – PVP
- Nazaray: Veteran Shipwright’s Regret, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- Turning Tide: Shipwright’s Regret Dungeon
Skills for Templar Tank Build
The following Skills will allow you to hold aggro and Tank effectively almost every PVE content.
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Pierce Armor||Unstable Wall of Elements|
|Skill 2||Inner Rage||Ritual of Retribution/Extended Ritual|
|Skill 3||Silver Leash||Restoring Focus|
|Skill 4||Breath of Life||Repentance|
|Skill 5||Defensive Stance||Razor Caltrops|
|Ultimate Skill||Aggressive Horn||Empowering Sweep|
- Pierce Armor(Puncture): Our main Taunt attack that also debuffs enemies.
- Inner Rage(Inner Fire): Our Taunt for enemies far away.
- Silver Leash(Silver Bolts): Our only crowd control ability. Use it to pull enemies to you.
- Breath of Life(Rushed Ceremony): Our emergency heal. Try not to spam this skill.
- Defensive Stance(Defensive Posture): Essential skill for tanking. It gives us a shield, increases the amount of damage we can block and reduces the cost of blocking.
- Aggressive Horn(War Horn): Our main Ultimate. We use this mostly against strong enemies, Bosses, to buff our team.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): We use this ability to deal damage and apply the Crusher debuff to our targets.
- Ritual of Retribution(Cleansing Ritual): Removes harmful effects and damages our enemies. Can replace it with Extended Ritual(Cleansing Ritual) for another healing ability.
- Restoring Focus(Rune Focus): Greatly increases our resistances, recovers stamina and heals.
- Repentance(Restoring Aura): Another great heal/sustain skill.
- Razor Caltrops(Caltrops): Debuffs enemies and triggers Powerful Assault.
- Empowering Sweep(Radial Sweep): Our secondary Ultimate. Great to use against groups of enemies. You can replace it with Remembrance(Rite of Passage) for extra emergency healing.
Passive Skills for Templar Tank Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Templar Tank Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Fighters Guild Passives: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Templar Tank Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
Slottable Stars: Unassailable, Bulwark, Reinforced, Last Stand
Passive: Eldritch Insight, Tireless Discipline, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Battle Mastery, Mighty, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Precision, Blessed
Slottable Stars: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Plentiful Harvest
Passive: Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment, Treasure Hunter(slottable, required for path)
Slottable Stars: Fortified, Strategic Reserve, Rejuvenation, Boundless Vitality
Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Fortification, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance, Nimble Protector, Savage Defense, Bashing Brutality
Consumables for Templar Tank Build
We are using Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce or Bewitched Sugar Skulls and crafted Tri-Stat Essence of Health.
Info for Templar Tank Build
Several important info for the Templar Tank PVE Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
26 points to Magicka, 6 to Health and 32 to Stamina
The Atronach for better Magicka Recovery.
What Race is Best for Templar Tank Build
Nord – Imperial – Orc – Argonian is the best race for a Tank Build. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for Templar Tank Build
Taunt and drop your Restoring focus, Ritual of Retribution/Extended Ritual and Unstable Wall of Elements. Just block and let your Sets do their job. Use your Inner Rage, Silver Leash to control enemies farther away. Use Razor Caltrops to debuff enemies and trigger Powerful Assault. Activate Defensive Stance if you have to and make sure your Unstable Wall of Elements is always up to apply the crusher debuff.
Restore Stamina with Repentance whenever you can. If your healer is struggling, assist with Breath of Life but try not to spam it too much. Use your Ultimates when ready, appropriately.
More Templar Builds
- Holy Fire – Magicka Templar PVE Build
- Light Warrior – Stamina Templar PVE Build
- Magicka Templar Solo PVE Build
- Stamina Templar Solo PVE Build
- Valkyrie – Magicka Templar PVP Build
- Divine Wrath – Stamina Templar PVP Build