Magblade PVP Build
Terror is a Magblade PVP Build in ESO, that relies on fear traps to immobilize your enemies, strong burst damage and sturdy defense. The build is using Manifestation of Terror as its core skill to deploy traps and immobilize enemies. Terror is a stealth PVP Build perfect for Battlegrounds and open world gameplay. Not meant for direct confrontations but sturdy enough to survive and reset fights.
You can find more Builds in the Nightblade Builds page.
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Nightblade Builds
Magblade PVP Build Setup
The build is designed to use Fear Traps to immobilize and kill enemies. Stay hidden and attack enemies when they least expect it! Spinner’s Garments is another great set you can use!
|Head||Heartland Conqueror/Zaan||Heavy/Light||Impenetrable||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Shoulders||Heartland Conqueror/Zaan||Light||Impenetrable||Max. Magicka|
|Hands||Caluurion's Legacy||Light||Impenetrable/Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Legs||Caluurion's Legacy||Light||Impenetrable||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Chest||Caluurion's Legacy||Light||Impenetrable||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Waist||Caluurion's Legacy||Light||Impenetrable/Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||Caluurion's Legacy||Light||Impenetrable/Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Necklace||Heartland Conqueror||Jewel||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Heartland Conqueror||Jewel||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Heartland Conqueror||Jewel||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Staff||(Perfected) Wrath of Elements/Heartland Conqueror||Any Staff/Flame||Sharpened||Escapist's Poison IX|
|1-Hand Weapon||Any Set/Heartland Conqueror||Sword||Defending||Drain Health Poison IX|
|Off Hand||Any Set/Heartland Conqueror||Shield||Impenetrable||Max. Magicka|
Armor Sets for Magblade PVP Build
- Zaan: Veteran Scalecaller Peak, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- Caluurion’s Legacy: Fang Lair Dungeon
- Heartland Conqueror: Blackwood, Crafted
- (Perfected) Wrath of Elements: (Veteran) Vateshran Hollows Arena
- Spinner’s Garments: Malabal Tor, Overland
Skills for Magblade PVP Build
The following skills will help you remain hidden and kill your targets!
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Lotus Fan/Swallow Soul||Shadowy Disguise|
|Skill 2||Crippling Grasp||Mirage/Twisting Path|
|Skill 3||Impale||Channeled Acceleration|
|Skill 4||Merciless Resolve||Siphoning Attacks|
|Skill 5||Elemental Drain||Manifestation of Terror|
|Ultimate Skill||Shooting Star||Spell Wall|
- Lotus Fan(Teleport Strike): Gap closer that also applies Minor Vulnerability. Swallow Soul(Strife) for better self healing.
- Crippling Grasp(Cripple): Deals direct damage and immobilizes enemies.
- Impale(Assassin’s Blade): Our execute ability. Great to finish low health enemies.
- Merciless Resolve(Grim Focus): Boosts damage but also turns into Assassin’s Will skill after five light/heavy attacks.
- Elemental Drain(Weakness to Elements): A very important skill for the build. Debuffs the enemies and returns magicka thanks to its minor magickasteal effect. You can also use Elemental Susceptibility(Weakness to Elements).
- Shooting Star(Meteor): Our offensive Ultimate that deals great burst damage. You can replace it with Incapacitating Strike(Death Stroke) or Soul Harvest(Death Stroke) for a more close combat approach.
- Shadowy Disguise(Shadow Cloak): Our cloak and very important survival skill.
- Mirage(Blur): Defensive buff that increases resistances. You can replace it with Twisting Path(Path of Darkness) for extra AOE damage and mobility.
- Channeled Acceleration(Accelerate): Boosts our mobility and Critical damage.
- Siphoning Attacks(Siphoning Strikes): Important skill for Magicka sustain.
- Manifestation of Terror(Aspect of Terror): Sets a fear trap and is the core skill of the build.
- Spell Wall(Shield Wall): Our defensive Ultimate. Blocks all damage and reflects projectiles.
Passive Skills for Magblade PVP Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Magblade PVP Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Vampire Passives: Dark Stalker, Strike from the Shadows, Undeath
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Magblade PVP Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
Slottable: Deadly Aim, Master-at-Arms, Wrathful Strikes, Ironclad
Passive: Eldritch Insight, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Precision, Blessed, Tireless Discipline
Slottable: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Sustaining Shadows, Steed’s Blessing
Passive: Out of Sight, Fleet Phantom, Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment
Slottable: Boundless Vitality, Rejuvenation, Juggernaut, Fortified
Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance, Piercing Gaze
Consumables for Magblade PVP Build
We are using Clockwork Citrus Filet/Witchmother’s Potent Brew as food and Essence of Immovability as Potions. Essence of Spell Power can be a nice alternative to further boost your Spell Damage.
Escapist’s Poison IX and Drain Health Poison IX as Poisons.
For Potions and Poisons Recipes you can take a look at my Alchemy Guide!
Info for Magblade PVP Build
Several important info for the Magblade PVP Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka.
The Apprentice for the best Spell Damage possible.
What Race is Best for Magblade PVP Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Breton is the best Race for a Magicka Nightblade PVP Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Vampire Stage 3 for the Dark Stalker, Strike from the Shadows and Undeath Passives.
Rotation for Magblade PVP Build
Buff yourself with Merciless Resolve, Siphoning Attacks, Mirage, Channeled Acceleration and set your Manifestation of Terror trap. You can use Manifestation of Terror directly to an enemy as well.
Once the enemy is feared apply Elemental Drain, drop Shooting Star if it is ready, Heavy Attack with your staff and continue with Lotus Fan, Crippling Grasp, Impale until the enemy is dead. Use Assassin’s Will whenever it is ready and Spell Wall to survive if you are in danger. Light Attack before every skill to boost your damage.
FAQ – Magblade PVP Build
The Nightblade is a Class that relies on stealth for PVP in ESO. It can kill enemies easily when you strike from the shadows but is also very fragile if discovered. For stealth focused Nightblade Builds, you can take a look at these Nightblade PVP Builds!
More Nightblade Builds
- Cloak and Dagger – Nightblade Thief Build
- Shadowfire – Magicka Nightblade PVE Build
- Spellblade – Melee Magicka Nightblade PVE Build
- Brawler – Stamina Nightblade PVE Build
- Magicka Nightblade Solo PVE Build
- Stamina Nightblade Solo PVE Build
- Lifestealer – Magicka Nightblade PVP Build
- Elusive Warrior – Stamina Nightblade PVP Build
- Shadowstrike – Magicka Nightblade Gank PVP Build
- Arbalest – Stamina Nightblade Bow Gank PVP Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.