Magicka Templar PVP
Valkyrie is a deadly Magicka Templar PVP Build that combines strong DOT and AOE Burst Damage. The build has several tools to heal and buff yourself and your group, debuff and destroy your enemies. Thanks to the Templar’s Abilities, Valkyrie can be an asset to your group with its numerous support skills. The build is designed for Battlegrounds and Open World PVP and can work as both a Damage Dealer or Healer!
You can find more Builds in the Templar Builds page.
Table of Contents
Magicka Templar PVP Build Setup
The Build is designed to deal great burst damage but can also heal you and your group at the same time. Valkyrie is a deadly DPS/Healer hybrid PVP Build, designed for Battlegrounds and group PVP!
|Head||Gaze of Sithis/Balorgh||Heavy||Impenetrable||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Legs||Shacklebreaker||Light||Impenetrable||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Chest||Shacklebreaker||Heavy||Impenetrable||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Necklace||Spinner's Garments||Jewel||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Spinner's Garments||Jewel||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Spinner's Garments||Jewel||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Two-Handed Weapon||Spinner's Garments||Fire Staff||Sharpened||Escapist's Poison IX|
|Two-Handed Weapon||(Perfected)Precise Regeneration||Restoration Staff||Defending||Drain Health Poison IX|
Armor Sets for Magicka Templar PVP Build
- Balorgh: Veteran March of Sacrifices, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- Shacklebreaker: Vvardenfell, Crafted
- Spinner’s Garments: Malabal Tor, Overland
- Gaze of Sithis: Antiquities Reward
- (Perfected)Precise Regeneration: (Veteran) Maelstrom Arena
Skills for Magicka Templar PVP Build
The following skills will help you deal great damage but also keep your group alive!
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Puncturing Sweep||Degeneration|
|Skill 2||Toppling Charge||Radiating Regeneration|
|Skill 3||Radiant Oppression||Purifying Light|
|Skill 4||Harness Magicka||Honor the Dead|
|Skill 5||Inner Light||Living Dark|
|Ultimate Skill||Crescent Sweep||Light's Champion|
- Puncturing Sweep(Puncturing Strikes): Your main offensive ability. Use it to finish enemies.
- Toppling Charge(Focused Charge): The Build’s gap closer that stuns and sets enemies off balance.
- Radiant Oppression(Radiant Destruction): Execute ability. Use it to finish low health enemies.
- Harness Magicka(Annulment): Shield ability, essential for your survival.
- Inner Light(Magelight): Only placed here to boost your Magicka and Spell Critical Rating. No need to use it.
- Crescent Sweep(Radial Sweep): Primary Ultimate. Use it to deal Burst Magic Damage.
- Degeneration(Entropy): Attack with this skill to deal strong DOT damage but also boost your Spell Damage.
- Radiating Regeneration(Regeneration): Essential for our survival.
- Purifying Light(Backlash): Deal extra Magic Damage and heal yourself.
- Honor the Dead(Rushed Ceremony): Main Heal ability that also helps with Magicka sustain.
- Living Dark(Eclipse): Self-buff that heals you and reduces enemies’ speed every time they deal direct damage to you.
- Light’s Champion(Panacea): Our defensive Ultimate. Massive heal and a boost to Critical Damage.
Passive Skills for Magicka Templar PVP Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Magicka Templar PVP Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Magicka Templar PVP Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
Slottable: Deadly Aim, Master-at-Arms, Wrathful Strikes/Fighting Finesse, Ironclad
Passive: Eldritch Insight, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Precision, Blessed, Tireless Discipline
Slottable: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Steed’s Blessing
Passive: Out of Sight, Fleet Phantom, Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment
Slottable: Strategic Reserve, Rejuvenation, Juggernaut, Fortified
Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance, Piercing Gaze
Consumables for Magicka Templar PVP Build
We are using Clockwork Citrus Filet/Witchmother’s Potent Brew as food and Essence of Immovability as Potions.
Escapist’s Poison IX and Drain Health Poison IX as Poisons.
Info for Magicka Templar PVP Build
Several important info for the Magicka Templar PVP Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka.
The Apprentice for better Spell Damage or the Atronach for better Magicka Recovery.
What Race is Best for Magicka Templar PVP Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Breton is the best Race for the Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for Magicka Templar PVP Build
Apply Living Dark and start the fight with Degeneration to boost your Spell Damage. Continue with Purifying Light. Close the distance with Toppling Charge and finish the enemy with Puncturing Sweep. Use Radiant Oppression to execute low health enemies.
Harness Magicka to shield yourself, Radiating Regeneration and Honor the Dead to heal youself and your group. Crescent Sweep is a good offensive Ultimate, especially against multiple enemies.
Light’s Champion is the Build’s main Ultimate. A strong heal that can also buff your group.
More Templar Builds
- Holy Fire – Magicka Templar PVE Build
- Light Warrior – Stamina Templar PVE Build
- Magicka Templar Solo PVE Build
- Stamina Templar Solo PVE Build
- Divine Wrath – Stamina Templar PVP Build