Magicka Warden Solo
Welcome to my Magicka Warden Solo PVE Build for The Elder Scrolls Online. The Build is designed for players that prefer to play Solo, challenging themselves in any type of PVE content. You can use it to defeat Overworld Bosses, farm Public Dungeons, complete 4-man Dungeons in Normal or Veteran Difficulty and Solo Arenas like Maelstrom Arena and Vateshran Hollows.
The Warden is a Class with good Frost damage and powerful abilities. We can combine those to create a strong Solo Build and complete almost every PVE content alone!
If you are a new player, you can take a look at my Warden Beginner Guide. For an all around Magicka Warden PVE Build take a look at Ice Queen.
You can find more Builds in the Warden Builds page.
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Warden Builds
Magicka Warden Solo Build Setup
The following Build will help you complete almost every Solo activity in The Elder Scrolls Online! From the easiest Overland content to Solo Arenas and 4-man Dungeons alone! You can use the Law of Julianos set for a starter, more beginner approach, or the (Perfect)False God’s Devotion for better sustain. Frostbite is another good alternative Set. The Ring of the Pale Order is a great Mythic Item you can use for better healing.
|Hands||Order's Wrath||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Chest||Order's Wrath||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Waist||Order's Wrath||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||Order's Wrath||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Ring||Ring of the Pale Order/Medusa||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage|
An effective setup that will help you play as a Magicka Warden Solo early in the game!
|Hands||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Legs||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max.Magicka|
|Chest||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Waist||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Necklace||Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Mag. Recovery/Spell Damage|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Mag. Recovery/Spell Damage|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Mag. Recovery/Spell Damage|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Flame||Precise||Flame Damage|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Flame/Lightning||Infused||Weapon Damage|
Armor Sets for Magicka Warden Solo Build
- Iceheart: Veteran Direfrost Keep, Glirion the Redbeard
- Order’s Wrath: High Isle, Crafted
- Medusa: Arx Corinium Dungeon
- (Perfect)False God’s Devotion: Elsweyr, (Veteran)Sunspire Trial
- Ring of the Pale Order: Antiquities Reward
- Frostbite: Blackwood, Overland
- Ilambris: Vet. Crypt of Hearts I, Glirion the Redbeard
- Law of Julianos: Wrothgar – Crafted
- Armor of the Seducer: Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan – Crafted
Skills for Magicka Warden Solo Build
The following Skills will help you complete every Solo activity with success!
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Crushing Shock||Winter's Revenge|
|Skill 2||Fetcher Infection||Unstable Wall of Elements|
|Skill 3||Deep Fissure||Blue Betty|
|Skill 4||Mystic Orb||Lotus Blossom|
|Skill 5||Bird of Prey||Arctic Blast|
|Ultimate Skill||Ice Comet||Permafrost|
- Crushing Shock(Force Shock): Your main offensive skill. Very important thanks to its interrupt function.
- Fetcher Infection(Swarm): Great damage DOT skill for your Warden.
- Deep Fissure(Scorch): Great damage skill against slowed/immobilized enemies that also applies Major Breach to everyone in an area.
- Mystic Orb(Necrotic Orb): Strong damage AOE skill. Can replace it with Harness Magicka(Annulment) for extra defense.
- Bird of Prey(Falcon’s Swiftness): Slotted for its passive boost to damage.
- Ice Comet(Meteor): One of your Ultimates. Deals good damage and can immobilize enemies.
- Winter’s Revenge(Impaling Shards): Strong Frost AOE-DOT skill.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): Another great frost AOE skill. Good damage and CC capabilities.
- Blue Betty(Betty Netch): Very important self-buff. Increases your spell damage and restores Magicka.
- Lotus Blossom(Lotus Flower): Passive heals and a boost to Spell Critical.
- Arctic Blast(Arctic Wind): Strong Heal that stuns enemies and deals Frost damage.
- Permafrost(Sleet Storm): Your other strong Ultimate. Frost Damage and crowd control ability.
Passive Skills for Magicka Warden Solo Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Magicka Warden Solo Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- All Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Magicka Warden Solo Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
Slottable Stars: Deadly Aim, Master-at-Arms, Fighting Finesse/Biting Aura, Reaving Blows
Passive: Eldritch Insight, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Precision, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Blessed, Tireless Discipline
Slottable Stars: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Plentiful Harvest/Steed’s blessing
Passive: Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment, Treasure Hunter(slottable, required for path)
Slottable Stars: Siphoning Spells, Rejuvenation, Boundless Vitality, Strategic Reserve
Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance
Consumables for Magicka Warden Solo Build
We are using Clockwork Citrus Filet/Witchmother’s Potent Brew and Essence of Spell Power as Potions.
Info for Magicka Warden Solo Build
Several important info for the Magicka Warden Solo Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka.
The Thief for better Critical Chance or the Lover for better Penetration.
What Race is Best for Magicka Warden Solo Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Breton is the Best Race for a Warden Solo Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for Magicka Warden Solo Build
Buff yourself with Blue Betty, Lotus Blossom. Attack with Winter’s Revenge, Unstable Wall of Elements and switch bars.
Continue with Mystic Orb, Fetcher Infection, Deep Fissure, Crushing Shock x6-7, Deep Fissure. Switch bars, Winter’s Revenge, Unstable Wall of Elements, Blue Betty, Lotus Blossom, switch bars and continue. Use Arctic Blast to heal yourself and deal damage. Attack with your Ultimates when they are ready and always Light Attack before every skill to boost your damage.
More Warden Builds
- Ice Queen – Magicka Warden PVE Build
- Force of Nature – Stamina Warden PVE Build
- Claymore – 2H Stamina Warden PVE Build
- IceCold – One Bar Magicka Warden Solo PVE Build
- Stamina Warden Solo PVE Build
- Frozen – Magicka Warden PVP Build
- Destroyer – Stamina Warden PVP Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.