Guardian is a Sorcerer Tank PVE Build for The Elder Scrolls Online. The Build has several tools to Crowd Control, damage enemies and heal your group. A flexible Tank Build with different setups for harder and easier group content. It also offers several buffs to your group, depending on its composition.
If you are a new player, you can take a look at my Sorcerer Beginner Guide. If you are looking for a Solo PVE Build for Arenas like the Maelstrom Arena and Vateshran Hollows, take a look at my Magicka Sorcerer Solo Build.
You can find more Builds in the Sorcerer Builds page.
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Sorcerer Builds
Sorcerer Tank Build Setup
Below you can find different Setups for harder but also easier group content. The Setups will help you tank Trials or Dungeons and allow you to assist Stamina or Magicka(Encratis’s Behemoth) based Groups! A few good alternative Sets you can use include Nazaray and Turning Tide.
This is a Tank setup for harder Group content.
|Hands||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|Legs||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Chest||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Waist||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|Feet||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|One Handed Weapon||Powerful Assault||Sword||Infused||Weakening|
|Off-Hand||Powerful Assault||Shield||Sturdy||Max. Stamina|
Easier Group Content
A Tank setup for easier Group content and less organized parties.
|Shoulders||Lord Warden||Heavy/Medium/Light||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|Hands||Drake's Rush||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|Legs||Drake's Rush||Heavy||Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Chest||Drake's Rush||Heavy||Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Waist||Drake's Rush||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|Feet||Drake's Rush||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|Necklace||Leeching Plate/Crimson Oath's Rive||Jewel||Healthy||Bracing|
|Ring||Leeching Plate/Crimson Oath's Rive||Jewel||Healthy||Bracing|
|Ring||Leeching Plate/Crimson Oath's Rive||Jewel||Healthy||Bracing|
|One Handed Weapon||Leeching Plate/Crimson Oath's Rive||Sword||Infused||Weakening|
|Off-Hand||Leeching Plate/Crimson Oath's Rive||Shield||Sturdy||Max. Stamina|
|Staff||Leeching Plate/Crimson Oath's Rive||Lightning/Ice||Infused||Crusher|
Armor Sets for Sorcerer Tank Build
- Tremorscale: Veteran Volenfell, Glirion the Redbeard
- Encratis’s Behemoth: Veteran Black Drake Villa, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- Lord Warden: Veteran Imperial City Prison, Urgarlag Chief-bane
- (Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin: (Veteran)Sunspire Trial
- Powerful Assault: Imperial City, Tel Var Vendor
- Drake’s Rush: Black Drake Villa Dungeon
- Leeching Plate: Imperial City Prison, Normal and Veteran
- Crimson Oath’s Rive: Dread Cellar Dungeon, Normal and Veteran
- Nazaray: Veteran Shipwright’s Regret, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- Turning Tide: Shipwright’s Regret Dungeon
Skills for Sorcerer Tank Build
The following Skills will allow you to hold aggro and Tank effectively almost every PVE content.
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Pierce Armor||Unstable Wall of Elements|
|Skill 2||Inner Rage||Silver Leash|
|Skill 3||Heroic Slash||Hurricane|
|Skill 4||Bound Aegis||Critical Surge|
|Skill 5||Defensive Stance||Razor Caltrops|
|Ultimate Skill||Aggressive Horn||Absorption Field|
- Pierce Armor(Puncture): Our main Taunt attack that also debuffs enemies.
- Inner Rage(Inner Fire): Our Taunt for enemies far away.
- Heroic Slash(Low Slash): Debuffs our target with Minor Maim but also helps us generate Ultimate faster.
- Bound Aegis(Bound Armor): Use this skill to get a boost to Magicka and resistances. No need to activate it when fighting.
- Defensive Stance(Defensive Posture): Essential skill for tanking. It gives us a shield, increases the amount of damage we can block and reduces the cost of blocking.
- Aggressive Horn(War Horn): Our main Ultimate. We use this mostly against strong enemies, Bosses, to buff our team.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): We use this ability to deal damage and apply the Crusher debuff to our targets.
- Silver Leash(Silver Bolts): Use it to pull enemies to you.
- Hurricane(Lightning Form): Increases your defenses and is constantly hurting your targets with its AOE-DOT damage.
- Critical Surge(Surge): Activate to boost your Weapon/Spell Damage and get heals for every critical hit.
- Razor Caltrops(Caltrops): Debuffs enemies and triggers Powerful Assault.
- Absorption Field(Negate Magic): Secondary Ultimate for extra CC and group heals.
Passive Skills for Sorcerer Tank Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Sorcerer Tank Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Fighters Guild Passives: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Sorcerer Tank Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
Slottable Stars: Unassailable, Bulwark, Reinforced, Last Stand
Passive: Eldritch Insight, Tireless Discipline, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Battle Mastery, Mighty, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Precision, Blessed
Slottable Stars: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Plentiful Harvest
Passive: Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment, Treasure Hunter(slottable, required for path)
Slottable Stars: Fortified, Strategic Reserve, Rejuvenation, Boundless Vitality
Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Fortification, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance, Nimble Protector, Savage Defense, Bashing Brutality
Consumables for Sorcerer Tank Build
We are using Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce or Bewitched Sugar Skulls and crafted Tri-Stat Essence of Health.
Info for Sorcerer Tank Build
Several important info for the Sorcerer Tank PVE Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
26-28 points to Magicka, 6 to Health and 30-32 to Stamina
The Atronach for better Magicka Recovery.
What Race is Best for Sorcerer Tank Build
Nord – Imperial – Orc – Argonian is the best race for a Tank Build. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for Sorcerer Tank Build
Buff yourself with Hurricane, Critical Surge, taunt enemies with Pierce Armor, Inner Rage and attack with Unstable Wall of Elements to apply Crusher.
Keep enemies taunted and use Heroic Slash to build up Ultimate. Silver Leash to pull enemies to you and Razor Caltrops to debuff enemies and trigger Powerful Assault.
Activate your Ultimates when ready, Aggressive Horn to boost your group’s Critical Damage or Absorption Field to CC and assist with heals.
More Sorcerer Builds
- Overlord – Magicka Sorcerer Pet PVE Build
- Tempest – Stamina Sorcerer PVE Build
- 1 Bar Magicka Sorcerer Solo PVE Build
- Stamina Sorcerer Solo PVE Build
- Nemesis – Magicka Sorcerer PVP Build
- Reaper – Stamina Sorcerer PVP Build