Magicka Dragonknight Beginner
Welcome to my Magicka Dragonknight Beginner Build for ESO! The Build is designed for c160 and beyond and will help you level up but also farm better Armor Sets. You can use it to clear PVE content Solo or with a group! Thanks to its great sustain, you will never have to worry about resources. As you level up and unlock better gear you can upgrade to a stronger DPS or Solo Magicka Dragonknight Build. A Class with strong Fire Damage Skills and identity.
The Build is focusing on c160 and above simply because that is when having a proper build matters! Before you reach c160 all you have to worry about is leveling up and unlocking as many skill lines and skills as possible. c160 is also the gear cap in ESO, so after you hit that level every Set piece you drop is good to use forever! Here is a list of a few beginner guides that will help you level up faster and more efficiently as a Magicka Dragonknight:
- New Player Beginner Guide
- Dragonknight Beginner Guide
- Dragonknight Class Skills
- ESO Race Guide
- ESO Leveling Guide
- Best XP Grind Spots
- Best Beginner Sets
- Undaunted Pledges Guide
- Champion Points Guide
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Dragonknight Builds
Magicka Dragonknight Beginner Build Setup
The core of the Build is two Crafted 5-piece Sets that you can get easily from other players or even craft yourself! You can have the Sets ready and use them as soon as you reach c160! To complement the Build we are using Jewelry from the Willpower Set.
|Head||Armor of the Seducer/Ilambris||Light/Heavy||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Shoulders||Armor of the Seducer/Ilambris||Light/Medium||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Hands||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Legs||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max.Magicka|
|Chest||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Waist||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Necklace||Willpower/Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Willpower/Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewel||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Flame||Precise||Absorb Magicka|
|Staff||Armor of the Seducer||Flame||Infused||Weapon Damage|
Armor Sets for Magicka Dragonknight Beginner Build
- Law of Julianos: Wrothgar – Crafted(Orsinium DLC required)
- Armor of the Seducer: Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan – Crafted
- Willpower: Random Daily Dungeon Reward, Imperial City(Imperial City DLC required)
- Ilambris: Veteran Crypt of Hearts 1, Glirion the Redbeard
Skills for Magicka Dragonknight Beginner Build
The following skills are strong against single targets and groups of enemies in PVE! They will also help you practice your Light Attack Weaving!
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Molten Whip/Force Pulse||Eruption|
|Skill 2||Burning Embers||Unstable Wall of Elements|
|Skill 3||Engulfing Flames||Barbed Trap|
|Skill 4||Flames of Oblivion/Cauterize||Igneous Weapons|
|Skill 5||Elemental Drain||Spell Symmetry|
|Ultimate Skill||Flawless Dawnbreaker||Standard of Might|
- Molten Whip(Lava Whip): Our spammable and a very important skill for the build, thanks to its Seething Fury passive. You can use Force Pulse(Force Shock) as well.
- Burning Embers(Searing Strike): Strong Flame DOT offensive skill that also works as a self-heal.
- Engulfing Flames(Fiery Breath): Another good flame DOT skill that makes enemies vulnerable to our fire damage.
- Flames of Oblivion(Inferno): A nice support offensive skill that attacks nearby enemies. You can replace it with the Cauterize(Inferno) morph for stronger heals.
- Elemental Drain(Weakness to Elements): Debuffs enemies and helps with sustain.
- Flawless Dawnbreaker(Dawnbreaker): Our secondary Ultimate. It buffs damage and deals great direct and DOT damage.
- Eruption(Ash Cloud): Strong AOE-DOT Fire skill
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): Great Fire AOE damage skill.
- Barbed Trap(Trap Beast): Additional DOT damage but we are mainly using it for the boost to our Critical Damage.
- Igneous Weapons(Molten Weapons): Buffs Damage.
- Spell Symmetry(Equilibrium): Sustain ability.
- Standard of Might(Dragonknight Standard): Our main Ultimate.
Passive Skills for Magicka Dragonknight Beginner Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Magicka Dragonknight Beginner Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Fighters Guild Passives: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Magicka Dragonknight Beginner Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup(c160) for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
- Eldritch Insight: 10
- Quick Recovery: 10
- Tireless Discipline: 10
- Piercing: 10
- Presicion: 14
- Gilded Fingers: 18
- Fortune’s Favor: 10
- Wanderer: 15
- Steadfast Enchantment: 10
- Sprinter: 10
- Hasty: 8
- Hero’s Vigor: 10
- Siphoning Spells(Slottable): 10
- Rejuvenation(Slottable): 15
Consumables for Magdk Beginner Build
We are using Witchmother’s Potent Brew and Essence of Magicka as Potions.
Info for Magicka Dragonknight Beginner Build
Several important info for the Magicka Dragonknight Beginner Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka.
The Lover to boost Penetration or the Thief to boost Critical Chance.
What Race is best for Magicka Dragonknight Beginner Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Khajiit – Breton is the best Race for a Magicka Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for Magicka Dragonknight Beginner Build
Cast Flames of Oblivion/Cauterize, buff with Igneous Weapons, set your Barbed Trap, apply Elemental Drain, attack with Eruption, Unstable Wall of Elements and switch bars. Continue with Engulfing Flames, Burning Embers, Molten Whip as your spammable until you have to re cast Unstable Wall of Elements. Keep attacking with Molten Whip and re cast the other abilities when necessary. Use Spell Symmetry if you need to restore Magicka. Use your Ultimates when ready and always Light Attack before every skill/action to boost your damage!
More Dragonknight Builds
- Fireheart – Magicka Dragonknight DPS PVE Build
- Fireblade – Magicka Hybrid Dragonknight DPS PVE Build
- Venomous – Stamina Dragonknight PVE Build
- Baneful – 2H Stamina Dragonknight PVE Build
- Swordflame – Magicka Dragonknight Solo PVE Build
- Stamina Dragonknight Solo PVE Build
- Dragonknight Hybrid DPS PVE Build
- Infernum – Magicka Dragonknight PVP Build
- Unbroken – Stamina Dragonknight PVP Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.