ESO Frost DPS Build
A Frost based DPS PVE Build for ESO! The Build is focusing on Frost damage effects, skills and Armor Sets to provide the maximum Frost damage possible and create a fun gameplay! “Blizzard” is designed to complete both Solo and Group PVE content, as it is! Our Class of choice is the Magicka Warden thanks to its unique Frost damage based skills! The Armor Sets we are using also boost the Frost damage of our skills and overall effects!
If you are a new player, you can take a look at my Warden Beginner Guide. You can find more Builds in the Warden Builds page. For more Elemental and Status Effects Builds you can take a look at ESO Elemental Builds! For a more robust and flexible Magicka Warden PVE Build, you can take a look at Ice Queen!
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Elemental Builds
ESO Frost DPS Build Setup
The Build is focusing on Frost damage based effects, Sets and skills to deal the best damage possible in Solo and Group gameplay! A few alternative Sets you can use include Winterborn and Ysgramor’s Birthright.
|Necklace||Icy Conjurer||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Icy Conjurer||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Icy Conjurer||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage|
|Staff||(Perfected)Destructive Impact/Icy Conjurer||Frost||Precise/Charged||Frost Damage|
|Staff||Icy Conjurer||Frost||Infused||Weapon Damage|
Armor Sets for ESO Frost DPS Build
- Iceheart: Veteran Direfrost Keep, Glirion the Redbeard
- Frostbite: Blackwood, Overland
- Icy Conjurer: Frostvault Dungeon
- (Perfected)Destructive Impact: (Veteran) Dragonstar Arena
- Winterborn: Maelstrom Arena
- Ysgramor’s Birthright: The Rift, Overland
Skills for ESO Frost DPS Build
The following Skills will help you achieve great DPS for Group content. There are also alternative skills for Solo Gameplay.
|Frost Reach||Fetcher Infection||Deep Fissure||Barbed Trap||Bird of Prey/Lotus Blossom||Wild Guardian|
|Winter's Revenge||Unstable Wall of Elements||Blue Betty||Arctic Blast||Spell Symmetry||Wild Guardian|
- Frost Reach(Destructive Touch): Our main skill & spammable.
- Fetcher Infection(Swarm): Great damage DOT skill for our Warden.
- Deep Fissure(Scorch): Strong Area skill that deals great AOE damage.
- Barbed Trap(Trap Beast): Additional DOT damage but we are mainly using it for the boost to our Critical Damage.
- Bird of Prey(Falcon’s Swiftness): Slotted for its passive boost to damage. When playing solo replace it with Lotus Blossom(Lotus Flower) to get passive heals.
- Wild Guardian(Feral Guardian): Our strong trusty Bear and only Ultimate.
- Winter’s Revenge(Impaling Shards): Our strong Frost AOE-DOT skill.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): Our other great frost AOE skill. Good damage and CC capabilities.
- Blue Betty(Betty Netch): Very important self-buff. Increases our spell damage and restores Magicka.
- Arctic Blast(Arctic Wind): Strong Frost AOE damage over time ability.
- Spell Symmetry(Equilibrium): Use it when low on Magicka to restore it.
Passive Skills for ESO Frost DPS Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Warden Frost DPS Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Fighters Guild Passives: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for ESO Frost DPS Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
- Slottable Stars: Deadly Aim, Master-at-Arms, Biting Aura, Wrathful Strikes
- Passive: Eldritch Insight, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Precision, Blessed, Tireless Discipline
- Slottable Stars: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Steed’s Blessing
- Passive: Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment, Treasure Hunter(slottable, required for path)
- Slottable Stars: Celerity, Fortified, Rejuvenation, Boundless Vitality
- Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance
Consumables for ESO Frost DPS Build
We are using Clockwork Citrus Filet and Essence of Spell Power as Potions.
Info for ESO Frost DPS Build
Several important info for the Warden Frost DPS Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka.
The Thief to boost Critical Chance.
What Race is best for ESO Frost DPS Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Breton is the best race for a DPS focused Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for ESO Frost DPS Build
Buff yourself with Blue Betty, Lotus Blossom(when solo), drink a potion and set your Barbed Trap. Attack with Winter’s Revenge, Arctic Blast, Unstable Wall of Elements and switch bars. Continue with Fetcher Infection, Ultimate(if ready), Deep Fissure, Frost Reach as your spammable! Keep attacking with Frost Reach and re cast the other skills when necessary! Use Blue Betty and Spell Symmetry when low on Magicka. Use your Ultimate when ready and always Light Attack before every skill/action to boost damage!!
More Elemental Builds
- Arcane – Magicka Arcanist Magic DPS Build
- Bleed – Stamina Warden Bleed DPS Build
- Blight – Stamina Necromancer Disease DPS Build
- Electro – Magicka Sorcerer Shock DPS Build
- Pyromancer – Magicka Dragonknight Fire DPS Build
- Toxin – Stamina Dragonknight Poison DPS Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.