Protector is a Warden Tank PVE Build, that is using frost damage-based skills and effects to immobilize enemies, protect your group and assist with DPS. Protector is basically a Warden Frost Tank PVE Build focusing on strong Crowd Control skills and appropriate Armor Sets.
Abilities that immobilize targets and make the life of your group easier. A sturdy and fun Warden Tank PVE Build capable of tanking some of the hardest bosses in the game with ease.
If you are a new player, you can take a look at my Warden Beginner Guide. If you are looking for a Solo PVE Build for Arenas like the Maelstrom Arena and Vateshran Hollows, take a look at my Stamina Warden Solo Build.
You can find more Builds in the Warden Builds page.
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Warden Builds
Warden Tank Build Setup
Below you can find different Setups for harder but also easier group content. The Setups will help you tank Trials or Dungeons and allow you to assist Stamina or Magicka(Encratis’s Behemoth) based Groups! A few good alternative Sets you can use include Nazaray and Turning Tide.
This is a Tank setup for harder Group content.
|Hands||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|Legs||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Chest||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Waist||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|Feet||(Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|One Handed Weapon||Powerful Assault||Sword||Infused||Weakening|
|Off-Hand||Powerful Assault||Shield||Sturdy||Max. Stamina|
A Tank setup focusing on frost damage based effects and Armor Sets.
|Hands||Frozen Watcher||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|Legs||Frozen Watcher||Heavy||Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Chest||Frozen Watcher||Heavy||Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Waist||Frozen Watcher||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|Feet||Frozen Watcher||Heavy||Sturdy||Max. Health|
|One Handed Weapon||Systres' Scowl||Sword||Infused||Weakening|
|Off-Hand||Systres' Scowl||Shield||Sturdy||Max. Stamina|
Armor Sets for Warden Tank Build
- Tremorscale: Veteran Volenfell, Glirion the Redbeard
- Encratis’s Behemoth: Veteran Black Drake Villa, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- (Perfected)Claw of Yolnahkriin: (Veteran)Sunspire Trial
- Powerful Assault: Imperial City, Tel Var Vendor
- Nunatak: Imperial City – Nunatak, Tel Var Merchant
- Frozen Watcher: Depths of Malatar, Normal & Veteran mode
- Systres’ Scowl: High Isle, Overland
- Nazaray: Veteran Shipwright’s Regret, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- Turning Tide: Shipwright’s Regret Dungeon
Skills for Warden Tank Build
The following Skills will allow you to hold aggro and Tank effectively almost every PVE content.
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Pierce Armor||Unstable Wall of Elements|
|Skill 2||Inner Rage||Frozen Device|
|Skill 3||Polar Wind||Bull Netch|
|Skill 4||Defensive Stance||Ice Fortress|
|Skill 5||Deceptive Predator||Razor Caltrops|
|Ultimate Skill||Aggressive Horn||Northern Storm|
- Pierce Armor(Puncture): Our main Taunt attack that also debuffs enemies.
- Inner Rage(Inner Fire): Our Taunt for enemies far away.
- Polar Wind(Arctic Wind): Our emergency heal. Can also assist the group’s healer under pressure.
- Defensive Stance(Defensive Posture): Essential skill for tanking. It gives us a shield, increases the amount of damage we can block and reduces the cost of blocking.
- Deceptive Predator(Falcon’s Swiftness): Great defensive ability that reduces our damage taken from AOE attacks.
- Aggressive Horn(War Horn): Our main Ultimate. We use this mostly against strong enemies, Bosses, to buff our team.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): We use this ability to deal damage and apply the Crusher debuff to our targets. It also works very well with Frozen Watcher, freezing already Chilled enemies and provides a shield to your group.
- Frozen Device(Frozen Gate): Our main Crowd Control ability. Pulls enemies to you and applies Major Maim to them.
- Bull Netch(Betty Netch): Very important self-buff. Restores our Stamina but also boosts our Weapon and Spell Damage.
- Ice Fortress(Frost Cloak): Great self and group buff that increases our resistances and reduces incoming damage.
- Razor Caltrops(Caltrops): Debuffs enemies and triggers Powerful Assault.
- Northern Storm(Sleet Storm): Our secondary Ultimate. It boosts damage but also deals good damage to enemies and reduces incoming damage.
Some good alternative skills you can use in case you are struggling with Magicka management are Inner Beast(Inner Fire) instead of Inner Rage(Inner Fire) and Silver Leash(Silver Bolts) instead of Frozen Device(Frozen Gate). You can try different combinations to find the right balance for you.
Passive Skills for Warden Tank Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Warden Tank Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Fighters Guild Passives: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Warden Tank Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
Slottable Stars: Unassailable, Bulwark, Reinforced, Last Stand
Passive: Eldritch Insight, Tireless Discipline, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Battle Mastery, Mighty, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Precision, Blessed
Slottable Stars: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Plentiful Harvest
Passive: Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment, Treasure Hunter(slottable, required for path)
Slottable Stars: Fortified, Strategic Reserve, Rejuvenation, Boundless Vitality
Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Fortification, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance, Nimble Protector, Savage Defense, Bashing Brutality
Consumables for Warden Tank Build
We are using Orzorga’s Smoked Bear Haunch or Bewitched Sugar Skulls and crafted Tri-Stat Essence of Health.
Info for Warden Tank Build
Several important info for the Warden Tank PVE Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
22 points to Magicka, 8 to Health and 34 to Stamina
The Atronach for better Magicka Recovery.
What Race is Best for Warden Tank Build
Nord – Imperial – Orc – Argonian is the best race for a Tank Build. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for Warden Tank Build
Buff yourself with Bull Netch and Ice Fortress. Taunt your targets with Pierce Armor or Inner Rage and block their attacks. Pull enemies to you with your Frozen Device skill. Use Unstable Wall of Elements to apply the Crusher debuff and reduce enemies’ resistances.
Use Razor Caltrops to debuff enemies and trigger Powerful Assault. Activate Defensive Stance to provide yourself with a shield if you have to. Use your Ultimates when ready and appropriately. Aggressive Horn to boost your group’s damage or Northern Storm to protect them. Reapply your buffs, taunt and Crusher debuff when necessary.
More Warden Builds
- Ice Queen – Magicka Warden PVE Build
- Force of Nature – Stamina Warden PVE Build
- Claymore – 2H Stamina Warden PVE Build
- Magicka Warden Solo PVE Build
- Stamina Warden Solo PVE Build
- Frozen – Magicka Warden PVP Build
- Destroyer – Stamina Warden PVP Build