Magicka Arcanist PVP Build
Azathoth is a strong Magicka Arcanist PVP Build in ESO, designed for Battlegrounds and open world PVP. The build offers great survivability, burst damage and has access to several Support Skills. The Arcanist is a Class of Eldritch Horror, that relies on Magic Damage and the Crux system to destroy its enemies! The Build is designed primarily for Battlegrounds but you can use it in Open World with the appropriate Champion Points Setup! If you are a new player, you can take a look at my Arcanist Beginner Guide. If you are looking for a different setup, you can find more Arcanist Builds in the Arcanist Builds page.
Table of Contents
Magicka Arcanist PVP Build Setup
The Build is designed as a Support/DPS hybrid, that can heal and assist your group while dealing damage to enemies. Spinner’s Garments is a great alternative set you can use!
|Head||Gaze of Sithis/Balorgh||Heavy||Impenetrable/Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Legs||Shacklebreaker||Light||Impenetrable/Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Chest||Shacklebreaker||Heavy||Impenetrable/Infused||Multi-Effect ( Tri-Stat )|
|Necklace||Heartland Conqueror||Jewel||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Heartland Conqueror||Jewel||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Heartland Conqueror||Jewel||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Staff||Heartland Conqueror||Flame/Lightning||Sharpened||Escapist’s Poison IX|
|Staff||(Perfected)Precise Regeneration/Heartland Conqueror||Restoration||Defending||Drain Health Poison IX|
Armor Sets for Magicka Arcanist PVP Build
- Gaze of Sithis: Antiquities Reward
- Balorgh: Veteran March of Sacrifices, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- Shacklebreaker: Vvardenfell, Crafted
- Heartland Conqueror: Blackwood, Crafted
- (Perfected)Precise Regeneration: (Veteran) Maelstrom Arena
- Spinner’s Garments: Malabal Tor, Overland
Skills for Magicka Arcanist PVP Build
The following skills will help you deal good damage and kill your targets! Lots of utility skills will help you heal and assist your group.
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Escalating Runeblades||Rune of the Colorless Pool|
|Skill 2||Tentacular Dread||Radiating Regeneration|
|Skill 3||Rune of Displacement||Cruxweaver Armor|
|Skill 4||Impervious Runeward||Runeguard of Freedom|
|Skill 5||Elemental Susceptibility||Recuperative Treatise|
|Ultimate Skill||The Languid Eye||Light’s Champion|
- Escalating Runeblades(Runeblades): Ranged spammable that deals AOE damage.
- Tentacular Dread(Abyssal Impact): Immobilizes enemies, debuffs them and deals frost damage.
- Rune of Displacement(The Imperfect Ring): Crowd Control ability that pulls enemies and deals damage.
- Impervious Runeward(Runespite Ward): Provides a shield, deals damage and consumes Crux to heal you.
- Elemental Susceptibility(Weakness to Elements): Debuffs enemies and deals damage.
- The languid Eye(The Unblinking Eye): Deals massive damage and snares enemies.
- Rune of the Colorless Pool(Rune of Eldritch Horror): Debuffs and fears enemies.
- Radiating Regeneration(Regeneration): Heal ability.
- Cruxweaver Armor(Fatewoven Armor): Generates Crux, protects you and debuffs enemies.
- Runeguard of Freedom(Runic Defense): Defensive skill that also heals you.
- Recuperative Treatise(Tome-Bearer’s Inspiration): Deals damage, buffs and restores resources.
- Light’s Champion(Panacea): Defensive Ultimate. Massive heal and a boost to Critical Damage.
Passive Skills for Magicka Arcanist PVP Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Magicka Arcanist PVP Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for Magicka Arcanist PVP Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
- Slottable: Deadly Aim, Master-at-Arms, Wrathful Strikes, Ironclad
- Passive: Eldritch Insight, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Precision, Blessed, Tireless Discipline
- Slottable: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Steed’s Blessing
- Passive: Out of Sight, Fleet Phantom, Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment
- Slottable: Boundless Vitality, Rejuvenation, Juggernaut, Fortified
- Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance, Piercing Gaze
Consumables for Magicka Arcanist PVP Build
We are using Clockwork Citrus Filet as food and Essence of Immovability as Potions.
Escapist’s Poison IX and Drain Health Poison IX as Poisons.
For Potions and Poisons Recipes you can take a look at my Alchemy Guide!
Info for Magicka Arcanist PVP Build
Several important info for the Magarc PVP Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka.
The Apprentice for better Spell Damage or the Atronach for better Magicka Recovery.
What Race is Best for Magicka Arcanist PVP Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Breton is the best Race for a Magicka Arcanist PVP Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for Magicka Arcanist PVP Build
Buff yourself with Recuperative Treatise, Impervious Runeward, Cruxweaver Armor, Runeguard of Freedom. Debuff the enemy with Elemental Susceptibility and attack with Escalating Runeblades, Tentacular Dread. Fear enemies with Rune of the Colorless Pool and Crowd Control with Rune of Displacement. Heal yourself and your group with Radiating Regeneration and the Light’s Champion Ultimate. Use The Languid Eye to deal massive damage when ready and always Light Attack before skills to boost your damage.
FAQ – Magicka Arcanist PVP Build
The Magicka Arcanist is a great Support Class for PVP in ESO! It has access to several support skills that can heal and protect your group, as well as Crowd Control enemies. To find more about the Magarc in PVP you can take a look at this Magicka Arcanist PVP Build!
- ESO Arcanist Builds
- ESO Magicka Arcanist DPS PVE Build
- ESO Magicka Arcanist Solo PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Arcanist DPS PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Arcanist Solo PVE Build
- ESO Arcanist Tank Build
- ESO Arcanist Healer Build
- ESO Magicka Arcanist PVP Build
- ESO Stamina Arcanist PVP Build
- ESO Sorcerer Builds
- ESO Magicka Sorcerer DPS PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Sorcerer DPS PVE Build
- ESO Magicka Sorcerer Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Sorcerer Solo Build
- ESO One Bar Magicka Sorcerer Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Sorcerer PVP Build
- ESO Stamina Sorcerer PVP Build
- ESO Sorcerer Tank Build
- ESO Sorcerer Healer Build
- ESO 2H Stamina Sorcerer DPS PVE Build
- ESO Nightblade Builds
- ESO Thief Build
- ESO Magicka Nightblade DPS PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Nightblade DPS PVE Build
- ESO Magicka Nightblade Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Nightblade Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Nightblade PVP Build
- ESO Stamina Nightblade PVP Build
- ESO Nightblade Tank Build
- ESO Nightblade Healer Build
- ESO 2H Stamina Nightblade DPS PVE Build
- ESO Dragonknight Builds
- ESO Magicka Dragonknight DPS PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Dragonknight DPS PVE Build
- ESO Magicka Dragonknight Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Dragonknight Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Dragonknight PVP Build
- ESO Stamina Dragonknight PVP Build
- ESO Dragonknight Tank Build
- ESO Dragonknight Healer Build
- ESO 2H Stamina Dragonknight DPS PVE Build
- ESO Warden Builds
- ESO Templar Builds
- ESO Necromancer Builds
- ESO Magicka Necromancer DPS PVE Build
- ESO Stamina Necromancer DPS PVE Build
- ESO Magicka Necromancer Solo Build
- ESO Stamina Necromancer Solo Build
- ESO Magicka Necromancer PVP Build
- ESO Stamina Necromancer PVP Build
- ESO Necromancer Tank Build
- ESO Necromancer Healer Build
- ESO 2H Stamina Necromancer DPS PVE Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.