ESO Magic DPS Build
Arcane is a Magic Damage based DPS Build for ESO! The Build is focusing on Magic damage effects, skills and Armor Sets to create a fun, AOE play style for Solo and Group content. Our Class of choice is the Magicka Arcanist since most of its skills are Magic Damage based. The Arcanist is a Class of Eldritch Horror, that relies on Magic Damage and the Crux system to destroy its enemies! The Magicka Templar could be a nice alternative.
The Sets we are using are all Magic damage based as well, so we can boost damage and create a Magic dedicated PVE Build! If you are a new player, you can take a look at my Arcanist Beginner Guide. If you are looking for a different setup, you can find more Arcanist Builds in the Arcanist Builds page. For more Elemental and Status Effects Builds you can take a look at ESO Elemental Builds!
Table of Contents
- Build Setup
- Armor Sets
- Passive Skills
- Champion Points
- More Elemental Builds
ESO Magic DPS Build Setup
The Build is focusing on Magic damage based effects, Sets and skills to deal the best damage possible in Solo and Group gameplay! A few alternative Sets you can use include:
- Nerien’eth: Vet. Crypt of Hearts 2, Glirion the Redbeard
- Oblivion’s Foe: Coldharbour, Crafted
- Coldharbour’s Favorite: Northern Elsweyr, Crafted
- Bahraha’s Curse: Hew’s Bane, Overland
|Head||Kjalnar’s Nightmare||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Shoulders||Kjalnar’s Nightmare||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Hands||War Maiden||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Legs||War Maiden||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Chest||War Maiden||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Waist||War Maiden||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Feet||War Maiden||Light||Divines||Max. Magicka|
|Necklace||Dark Convergence||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Dark Convergence||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Dark Convergence||Jewel||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage/Magicka Recovery|
|Staff||Dark Convergence||Lightning/Fire||Precise||Shock/Flame Damage|
|Staff||Dark Convergence/(Perfected)Crushing Wall||Fire||Infused||Weapon Damage|
Armor Sets for ESO Magic DPS Build
- Kjalnar’s Nightmare: Vet. Unhallowed Grave, Urgarlag Chief-Bane
- War Maiden: Vvardenfell, Overland
- Dark Convergence: PVP, Rewards for the Worthy
- (Perfected)Crushing Wall: (Veteran) Maelstrom Arena
Skills for ESO Magic DPS Build
The following Skills will help you achieve great Magic based DPS and clear Solo but also most Group content.
|Front Bar||Back Bar|
|Skill 1||Structured Entropy||Unstable Wall of Elements|
|Skill 2||Writhing Runeblades||Fulminating Rune|
|Skill 3||Tentacular Dread||Mystic Orb|
|Skill 4||Barbed Trap||Runeguard of Freedom|
|Skill 5||Inspired Scholarship||Spell Symmetry|
|Ultimate Skill||Flawless Dawnbreaker||The Tide King’s Gaze|
- Structured Entropy(Entropy): Strong DoT ability that also heals you.
- Writhing Runeblades(Runeblades): Spammable that generates Crux.
- Tentacular Dread(Abyssal Impact): Consumes Crux and debuffs enemies with Abyssal Ink.
- Barbed Trap(Trap Beast): Very good DOT damage and a boost to Critical Damage.
- Inspired Scholarship(Tome-Bearer’s Inspiration): Deals damage and buffs you.
- Flawless Dawnbreaker(Dawnbreaker): Deals damage but also buffs you actively and passively.
- Unstable Wall of Elements(Wall of Elements): Great AOE damage skill.
- Mystic Orb: Good AOE damage skill.
- Fulminating Rune(The Imperfect Ring): Strong DoT ability that also provides a synergy.
- Runeguard of Freedom(Runic Defense): Defensive skill that also heals you.
- Spell Symmetry(Equilibrium): Restores Magicka.
- The Tide King’s Gaze(The Unblinking Eye): Powerful Ultimate.
Passive Skills for ESO Magic DPS Build
Very important passive skills that can help you maximize the potential of your Magic DPS Build.
- All Passive Skills from your Class’ Lines
- All Passive Skills from Weapon Lines you are using
- Passive Skills from Armor Lines you are using
- Passive Abilities from Guild lines(Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijic Order) that affect your skills/Build
- Fighters Guild Passives: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Mages Guild Passives: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted Passives
- Your Racial Passives
- Medicinal Use Passive from Alchemy to boost the effectiveness of Potions
Champion Points for ESO Magic DPS Build
Below you will find the best Champion Points setup for the Build. If you would like to learn more about Champion Points and how they work, you can read my ESO Champion Points Guide.
- Slottable Stars: Deadly Aim, Master-at-Arms, Wrathful Strikes, Fighting Finesse/Thaumaturge
- Passive: Eldritch Insight, Piercing, Flawless Ritual, War Mage, Quick Recovery, Hardy, Elemental Aegis, Preparation, Precision, Blessed, Tireless Discipline
- Slottable Stars: Rationer, Liquid Efficiency, Master Gatherer, Steed’s Blessing
- Passive: Gilded Fingers, Fortune’s Favor, Wanderer, Steadfast Enchantment, Treasure Hunter(slottable, required for path)
- Slottable Stars: Boundless Vitality, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Celerity
- Passive: Sprinter, Hasty, Tireless Guardian, Hero’s Vigor, Mystic Tenacity, Tumbling, Defiance
Consumables for ESO Magic DPS Build
We are using Clockwork Citrus Filet or Orzorga’s Smoked Bear Haunch and Essence of Spell Power as Potions.
Info for ESO Magic DPS Build
Several important info for the Magic DPS Build. What Mundus to use, the best race for the build and how to assign your attribute points.
All points to Magicka
The Thief Mundus to boost Critical Chance.
What Race is best for ESO Magic DPS Build
High Elf – Dark Elf – Khajiit – Breton is the best race for a DPS focused Build. Any Race with Magicka bonuses can work well though. You can find more about the playable races in my ESO Race Guide!
Vampire or Werewolf
Neither is necessary.
Rotation for ESO Magic DPS Build
This is a dynamic rotation, relying on your spammable to deal damage while refreshing your other abilities when necessary! Buff yourself with Inspired Scholarship, Runeguard of Freedom and place Barbed Trap. Attack with Unstable Wall of Elements, Fulminating Rune, Mystic Orb. Switch bars, apply Abyssal Ink with Tentacular Dread and attack with Structured Entropy and Writhing Runeblades. Keep attacking with Writhing Runeblades as your spammable and refresh the other abilities when necessary. Restore Magicka with Spell Symmetry, use your Ultimate when ready and always Light Attack before skills to boost your DPS!
- Bleed – Stamina Warden Bleed DPS Build
- Blizzard – Magicka Warden Frost DPS Build
- Electro – Magicka Sorcerer Shock DPS Build
- Pyromancer – Magicka Dragonknight Fire DPS Build
- Toxin – Stamina Dragonknight Poison DPS Build
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.